- Here's why you need to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace. But what are toolbox talks? And what are the benefits of conducting them besides complying with the OHSA? Read on to find out why you need them...
'A toolbox talk is a short safety talk [that's] delivered at the workplace and on a specific subject matter. The objective is to raise awareness of... ››› more
- [16 January 2017]
- Do you understand just how important conducting toolbox talks in your business actually is?
- Many employers think toolbox talks are insignificant because they're short discussions that usually last for about 15 minutes. This couldn't be further from the truth. Find out about the importance of conducting toolbox talks in your workplace.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires you to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace
Section 8 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act s... ››› more
- [08 December 2016]
- Toolbox talks: What your employees need to know about risk assessments
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to identify all hazards and risks in your workplace. You must, thereafter, analyse the risks and implement control measures to reduce or remove the risks associated with your company's activities. Use this toolbox talk to train your employees on the importance of doing daily risk assessments in their work area...
The words 'risk assessm... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- Haven't done a toolbox talk on PPE? Conduct one today and tell your employees the following nine things...
- You have a legal duty to provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and to ensure your employees wear it. Over and above this, you MUST also train your employees on the proper use and maintenance of PPE. The best way to do this is to conduct a toolbox talk. Here's what to tell your employees when you do a toolbox talk on PPE.
What to cover when doing a toolbox talk on PPE
When conducting a... ››› more
- [07 April 2014]
- Warning: You MUST conduct a toolbox talk on the OHSA or be prepared to face criminal charges...
- If you think you only need to conduct a toolbox talk on construction, equipment, chemicals, lockout systems and other prominent safety issues, you're wrong. You also need to conduct a toolbox talk on the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). If you don't, you could face criminal charges if your employees don't obey the OHSA. Don't take that risk. Continue reading to find out what to cover whe... ››› more
- [04 April 2014]
- How to conduct a toolbox talks session in ten simple steps
- You're legally obligated to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace. These talks will help you to train your employees to recognise and avoid unsafe conditions. If you want to do this effectively, it's important that you follow these ten steps.
Conducting toolbox talks? Make sure you follow these ten steps
Step 1: Know your topic and plan your agenda a few days before the meeting so you're ... ››› more
- [24 March 2014]
- Toolbox safety talks on chemicals: Make sure your employees are aware of the following info
- Exposure to hazardous chemical substances can cause harm to you and your employees, and even death in extreme cases. The good news is you can help prevent this by conducting toolbox safety talks in your workplace. Use the following info to alert your employees about the safety precautions they must take to protect themselves before they work with any chemicals.
What to tell your employees when ... ››› more
- [20 March 2014]
- Here's what you need to tell your employees when conducting toolbox talks on lockout systems
- Want to conduct toolbox talks on lockout systems, but don't know what to cover? Then listen up: If you've chosen lockout systems as a safety topic, you must ensure your employees understand what they must do to work safety. Don't assume that your employees know a lockout is. Here's everything you need to cover in your toolbox talk.
What to tell cover when conducting toolbox talks on lockout sys... ››› more
- [13 March 2014]
- Running out of ideas for toolbox talks? Here are eight great ideas
- Many employers know that they must conduct toolbox talks in the workplace. But they find it hard to come up with safety topics to cover. If you're one of these employers, continue reading to find out the eight great ideas for toolbox talks. Revealed: Eight great ideas for toolbox safety talks
If you can't seem to find ideas for toolbox talks we have you covered. Site Safe outlines ideas you can... ››› more
- [07 March 2014]
- What to cover when conducting toolbox talks on emergencies
- One of the safety topics you should train your employees on is emergencies. Continue reading to find out what to tell your employees when doing toolbox talks on emergencies.
Toolbox talks on emergencies: Make sure your employees are aware of the following
You need to prepare your employees for emergencies so they know what to do, where to go and how to react. And the best way to do this is ... ››› more
- [05 March 2014]