- Case Law: Don't make the same mistake this guy did with his VAT registration. Avoid a 200% penalty today!
- It's common for VAT vendors to deregister when they fall below the threshold, or for SARS to deregister them when they're non-compliant.
Don't find yourself at the backend of the law, as shall be seen with 'AD CC' in the following VAT case... AD CC vs. SARS (VAT case #1069) 25th July 2014
What were the facts of the case?
SARS deregistered VAT vendor AD CC in January 2000 because he failed... ››› more
- [03 February 2016]
- Registering and deregistering for Provisional Tax: Two processes you must follow
- When it comes to paying provisional tax, not everyone has to do it. But if you do, you need to register with the taxman to do this. If, however, provisional tax no longer applies to you, you must deregister with SARS so it doesn't come after you for late payment.
Today, we explain the process for doing both.
First, let's look at the process of provisional tax registration
SARS has made ... ››› more
- [16 March 2015]
- Need to deregister from Vat? Here are five things you can do to speed it up
- You registered as a Vat vendor but now you have to close or sell your business because of financial problems.
Because of this, you want to deregister your company from SARS' Vat system.
But, before you fill in the documents to deregister, take a look at these five things you can do to speed up the process...
Speed up your Vat deregistration by doing these five things
1.... ››› more
- [29 October 2014]
- If any of these four situations apply to your business, cancel your Vat registration
- You have to register for Vat if your company makes of profit of R1 million or more in a 12 month period. This means you must charge your clients Vat and claim input tax back on the supplies you buy.
But did you know that Vat registration isn't permanent?
You can deregister if you need to, but it's only for certain circumstances.
Read on to discover four situations when you can deregiste... ››› more
- [29 October 2014]
- To speed up your Vat deregistration give SARS the following information
- If you want your Vat deregistration to proceed quickly, all you have to do is to give SARS the following information with your notification.
Before we tell you the process, make sure you know whether SARS will accept your deregistration request or not
When it comes to Vat, SARS will glady accept your request to register, but it'll only agree to cancel your Vat registration if:
... ››› more
- [20 June 2014]
- Four circumstances where you can ask SARS to cancel your Vat registration
- Did you know there are certain instances where you can ask SARS to cancel your Vat registration? Read on to find out more about this...
As mentioned, Vat law allows for deregistration.
There are the four circumstances where you can ask SARS to cancel your Vat registration.
The value of your taxable supplies during any 12-month period is less than R1 million (excluding... ››› more
- [19 December 2013]