- Avoid the CGT tax trap in just 30 minutes!
- One of the most horrific taxes yet to be launched on an unsuspecting public is capital gains tax.
This is basically the amount by which the proceeds exceed the base cost and is a tax you pay on the disposal of an asset.
We will explain the specific inclusion rates that apply to individuals and companies as well as how to work out your base cost.
If you get this wrong, you will pay more th... ››› more
- [14 December 2016]
- 10 Assets you don't have to pay Capital Gains Tax on
- Every time your business sells, donates or scraps an asset and it makes a profit, SARS takes a big bite out of the proceeds as Capital Gains Tax (CGT).
You can't escape CGT. In fact, if you try, SARS could easily find you guilty of tax evasion and smack you with a 200% penalty!
But the good news is, there are 10 assets you don't have to pay CGT on. Read on to find out what they are so you ... ››› more
- [18 June 2015]
- Capital Gains Tax in South Africa - Read this before you struggle with new capital gains tax rulings!
- Capital gains tax in South Africa is usually a nightmare for businesses when they sell capital assets. Now, a change to the Taxation Laws Amendment Bill means you'll effectively pay over less capital gains tax - here's what you need to know.
Last week's Budget Speech unveiling has many investors worried, as capital gains tax in South Africa distributed by trusts are now set to be treated as ord... ››› more
- [04 March 2013]
- Invest in a real estate investment trust to legally avoid capital gains tax!
- With the budget speech just weeks away, mosttax payers are keen to hear about potential tax changes. One change that's guaranteed to take place is the implementation of REITS or real estate investment trusts from 1 April 2013. Here's how you can take advantage to reduce your company's tax burden... The proposed REITs or real estate investment trusts arealready recognised in most of the key propert... ››› more
- [08 February 2013]