- The one toolbox talk you're going to need to get you through 'party' season
- It seems early, but we are headed into THAT time of year...
It's frightening! I walked into Checkers the other day and they are already putting up the tinsel.
Calendars are starting to fill up with 'end-of-year' parties. And our weekends are in full party-mode.
While it's great your employees are enjoying the festivities, their over-indulgence has a big impact on YOUR business. Here's ... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- Your employee has an injury on duty and the doctor refuses to treat him. What do you do?
- According to occhealth.co.za, many doctors refuse to treat employees with injuries on duty (IOD) because COID takes so long to pay them.
Because of this, employees often struggle to receive the medical attention they need.
But as their employer, you have a duty to ensure your employee gets treatment for work related injuries.
So if you find yourself in this situation, here's one thin y... ››› more
- [03 December 2014]
- Four steps to dismiss a sozzled employee...
- We all know at least one person that tends to 'drink a little too much'. The one we joke about that's holding up the walls as he unsteadily stumbles up the passage, because he can barely stand, let alone walk on his own. And we all have a good chuckle and make a few quips.
But that's on a personal level.
What do you do if that person pitches up at work drunk or reeking of booze? Endangering ... ››› more
- [08 June 2014]
- Dismiss an employee who drinks on the job in three easy steps
- Sibusiso Langa, the man accused of killing five runners in Midrand in 2011, when he crashed his car into them, admits he was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. He was on his way to work when the accident happened, meaning that he was going to work drunk. What should you do about employees who abuse alcohol at work? We asked the experts at the Labour Law for Managers Loose ... ››› more
- [15 November 2013]