- Test your fire drill or emergency evacuation alarm today!
- There's been a spate of office fires and entire warehouses burning down lately. Luckily, thanks to fast-working rescue teams, there've been very few injuries from these fires as employees have been evacuated quickly. If this happens at your office, will you be able to evacuate your staff efficiently? Here's how to ensure employees respond quickly when your emergency evacuation alarm sounds...
*... ››› more
- [23 January 2017]
- Your building is on fire, use 'FEEP' to get out fast!
- Are you properly prepared to keep you and your employees out of harm's way in the event of a workplace fire? Not sure? We're to help. Below we reveal how 'FEEP' will ensure that if there is a fire, you get your employees out the building; quickly and safely.
What is FEEP?
FEEP is the acronym for Fire Emergency Evacuation Plan. It contains the main points you need to know about what t... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- Disasters are boundless! Make sure all your employees know what to do in case of any emergency
- Did you know it's not only emergency personnel that need training?
If a disaster like Nepal's earthquake had to strike your workplace, would your employees know what to do?
Read on to find out what emergency training you must give them that could save their lives. And your premises...
The one health and safety tip that could save your company t... ››› more
- [28 April 2015]
- Emergency situations don't have to end in fatalities. Make sure you have these two emergency evacuation plans
- Can you imagine what would happen if a fire breaks out, there's a violent strike, a bomb threat, an earthquake or a chemical spillage and your company isn't prepared for these emergencies?
Your employees could be injured or die. And the DoL will fine you and even send you to jail.
That's why you need to prepare for any emergency and be ready to act. To do this, you need to have two types of ... ››› more
- [18 February 2015]
- Think your company is prepared for a workplace emergency? If you don't have this document, it's not!
- You might have fire extinguishers and a first aid kit, but it takes more than that to be emergency-ready. And if you're not truly emergency-ready, it could destroy your business.
But how do you know?
The truth is, there's an important document you need in place to ensure your company really can deal with workplace emergencies.
Read on to find out what this document is so you can create... ››› more
- [09 January 2015]
- Is your company prepared to handle a situation like yesterday's Paris shooting? If not, here's what you need to do
- Yesterday, three gunmen stormed into the offices of the satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, in Paris. They opened fire on the employees in the office and killed 12 of them.
While this sounds like something that only happens in movies, that's not the case.
The threat of an armed gunman coming into your office is very real.
That's why you must have an emergency plan to deal with this kind... ››› more
- [08 January 2015]
- Four things must happen as soon as your employee Natalie yells 'fire'
- Dealing with workplace fires is all about speed. You and your employees need to react quickly so you can all get out safely.
To do this, there are certain things that need to happen in a certain order.
To help you get your employees out safely, we're revealing four things that must happen and the order they must happen in.
Read on to find out what they are so a workplace fire doesn't cla... ››› more
- [13 October 2014]
- Consider these three crucial rules when choosing an emergency exit point
- If there's an emergency in your workplace, you and your employees must get out fast. You need emergency exits so everyone knows where they must go.
You need to select the exits your employees must use as emergency exits. But you need to consider certain criteria when you do to ensure you choose exits that are easy to get out of.
Follow these three crucial rules to ensure you choose the righ... ››› more
- [10 October 2014]
- Revealed: The three purposes of an emergency evacuation procedure
- If there's an emergency like an earthquake or fire in your workplace, you and your employees must get out fast.
To guide this process, you need to create an emergency evacuation procedure.
This is one emergency document your company can't do without.
But what does this evacuation procedure really do?
To answer this question, we're revealing the three purposes of an effective emergenc... ››› more
- [09 October 2014]
- Take these six steps to perform effective emergency drills
- Creating an emergency evacuation plan is of vital importance. But it's not enough to just write up the plan and give it to your employees. After all, they might not understand what they really need to do.
This is where practical knowledge can come in really handy. It helps employees understand what to do if a real emergency happen.
To do an effective emergency procedures drill, follow these ... ››› more
- [09 October 2014]