- Can your employee take all his sick leave or must it be pro-rated?
- One of the common questions regarding sick leave is: Can an employee take all his sick leave or must it be pro-rated? Read on to find out what labour law says about this.
The answer to this leave question is as follows:
'Your employee is allowed to take his full sick leave allowance at the beginning of the sick leave cycle – that is, it's not pro-rated over a period of time,' says the Lab... ››› more
- [16 January 2017]
- 2 Points to be aware of before dismissing an employee for absenteeism
- While your employees are entitled to a certain amount of sick leave within a given period, the fact of the matter is that it's often abused.
This is bad as it disrupts you business's overall efficiency when it really shouldn't.
And so if you really believe a particular employee is abusing the system, you may wish to dismiss him.
But before taking any action, there are 2 points you need to... ››› more
- [30 March 2016]
- We interviewed a medical doctor, and this is what he had to say about sick-leave abuse
- In an interview with a medical doctor today, I was able to gather some very interesting information regarding sick-leave abuse.
And with a long weekend upon us, his words may have more relevance than ever.
Here's what he had to say about sick-leave abuse...
Finally: A simple way to manage absenteeism and leave effectively… No more lost work days!
Fi... ››› more
- [24 March 2016]
- 3 reasons why sick employees mustn't come to work, and 2 tips to ensure it
- Every company has that employee who makes her way to work, even though she's as sick as a dog, in order to fulfil her work responsibilities.
This may seem great in a short-sighted approach, in that she's at work doing her job.
But the fact of the matter is that something like this has the potential to actually hamstring your business instead of sustain it.
Here's 3 reasons why...
*****... ››› more
- [15 March 2016]