- You have two options if you catch your employee stealing from you
- Is your employee stealing from you? If so, read on to find out what your two options are regarding employee theft.
The Labour Law for Managers says theft in the workplace happens when your employee takes goods to which he has no lawful right and with the intention to keep the goods to use or sell or for any other purpose.
Essentially, he has no intention of returning the goods to you as the... ››› more
- [28 October 2016]
- If your finances aren't balancing, it could be because one of your employees helped himself to your money
- Do you prefer to do business the old fashioned way? Do you think accounting books and cash deposits are still the way to go?
While some old school methods of doing business may be better, this isn't the case when it comes to your finances!
The reason is these methods leave your company wide open to theft and employee fraud. And sadly, I'm not even talking about theft from the outside. I'm ta... ››› more
- [03 December 2014]
- To avoid creditor fraud, implement these three control levels in your accounts department
- Using credit to run your business is a dangerous game. If you don't control your creditors and payments carefully, you're likely to end up on the guilty side of a bad debt.
Even worse, it's an easy way for your employees to steal from you. If they create fake creditors, they can trick you into putting money straight into their pocket.
That's why you need to implement these three levels of cr... ››› more
- [23 October 2014]
- Are your employees robbing you blind? Here are seven simple tools to put a stop to it
- Employee fraud and theft is becoming a bigger and bigger problem as financial difficulties in SA continue.
This directly affects you!
If you don't put a stop to it today, you won't have the cash to grow your company.
Here are seven tools you can use to stop it ...
Use these seven tools to stop employees stealing from your company
Tool 1: Official leave forms
Lea... ››› more
- [22 October 2014]
- Use these six steps to put a stop to online business fraud
- The Internet can be a scary place. You've heard thousands of stories of business owners losing everything because of online scams.
It's enough to make you want to hide in the dark ages and never use the Internet again. But if you do that, your business probably won't survive anyway.
The good news is, you can keep up with the technological world and prevent business fraud with these six step... ››› more
- [25 July 2014]
- Three things you must prove before you discipline your employee for theft
- When it comes to employee theft, the onus is on you to prove your employee committed the act. And you have to do this before you discipline your employee. Continue reading to find out the three things you need to prove.
'Employee theft is one of the most serious forms of dishonesty. If you can't trust your own employees not to steal, the trust relationship between employer and employee is br... ››› more
- [17 February 2014]
- Six methods to prevent theft in the workplace by your employees
- Theft is one of the most serious forms of dishonesty. It's not only costly towards your business, but if you can't trust your own employees not to steal, the trust relationship between you will be breached. But there's a cheaper way to prevent theft from occurring in the first place. Read on to find out the six tips you can use to combat theft.
Theft in the workplace is when an employee takes c... ››› more
- [24 April 2013]