HomeHome SearchSearch MenuMenu Our productsOur products

Employees Tax

  • Do you know exactly how to apply for PAYE, SDL or UIF? Find out here
  • If one of your employees is liable for normal tax and there are reasonable grounds for believing that the total leviable amount paid or payable by you to all your employees during the 12 month period will be over R500 000, then you'll have to register for Employees' Tax (PAYE), the Skills Development Levy (SDL) and the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF). Because of the newly-implemented single r... ››› more
  • [22 September 2015]
  • How SARS treats variable remuneration when it comes to your employees' tax
  • Today we'll have a quick look at how SARS treats variable remuneration employees tax. This article will deal specifically with variable remuneration, such as salaries, overtime pay, bonuses, commission, travel allowance and wages that aren't regular or of a fixed amount. Here's how SARS treats variable remuneration employees tax: Section 7B of the Income Tax Act effects your PAYE calculat... ››› more
  • [25 March 2015]
  • Revealed: When you should apply for employees tax, SDL and UIF!
  • When it comes to employees' tax, you, the employer, are obliged to register for employees' tax purposes if you pay remuneration to an employee who liable for normal tax. This registration must be done within 21 days of him becoming an employer. Bear in mind that the registration process is the same for individuals. And that's not all you need to do, you also need to register for SDL and UIF l... ››› more
  • [12 March 2015]
  • Do you know the difference between a travel allowance and a travel reimbursement allowance?
  • You don't want to get any tax penalties for using the wrong form or travel allowance - or using the allowance incorrectly. Do you know when you should offer a travel allowance, or a reimbursive allowance? And how much to pay in each case? If not, you could be giving employees the wrong type of allowance, and get SARS's attention - the wrong way! The tax experts at the Practical Tax Loose Leaf expl... ››› more
  • [13 November 2013]
  • Four steps to calculate the fringe benefit for rented company cars
  • Before 1 March 2013, you would have found it difficult to tax your employees for their use of permanently rented company cars. This is because it was almost impossible for you to get the true value of the car from the company you're renting the car from. I.e. the car company only gave you an estimate of the car's value. Now for the good news... As of 1 March 2013 it's easier. You simply calcul... ››› more
  • [14 October 2013]

Related Products