- Test your fire drill or emergency evacuation alarm today!
- There's been a spate of office fires and entire warehouses burning down lately. Luckily, thanks to fast-working rescue teams, there've been very few injuries from these fires as employees have been evacuated quickly. If this happens at your office, will you be able to evacuate your staff efficiently? Here's how to ensure employees respond quickly when your emergency evacuation alarm sounds...
*... ››› more
- [23 January 2017]
- Your building is on fire, use 'FEEP' to get out fast!
- Are you properly prepared to keep you and your employees out of harm's way in the event of a workplace fire? Not sure? We're to help. Below we reveal how 'FEEP' will ensure that if there is a fire, you get your employees out the building; quickly and safely.
What is FEEP?
FEEP is the acronym for Fire Emergency Evacuation Plan. It contains the main points you need to know about what t... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- How to prevent or prepare for fires in five easy steps
- How much time do you have to put out a fire in your workplace?
And that's why you need to make sure your employees are prepared!
Here are some vital rules you have to follow when it comes preparring for fires and have implementing a secure health and safety system.
Follow these fire safety steps to protect your workplace from disaster.
1. Consult your local fire chief and ... ››› more
- [12 March 2015]
- All firefighting agencies are working together to put out the South Peninsula fire - could you say the same for your company?
- The South Peninsula fire is still burning. As the City of Cape Town said, all its firefighting agencies are working together to put out the South Peninsula fire.
More precisely, the City's JP Smith declared that firefighters were currently focused on several hotspots, namely Lower Constantia Nek, the upper Tokai area, Clovelly, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay, Hout Bay and Noordhoek:
"A total of six heli... ››› more
- [05 March 2015]
- Two items you legally have to include in your health and safety budget, no matter what industry you're in
- Every industry has different health and safety needs. After all, employees in an office don't face the same kind of dangers construction employees do.
But health and safety is still important for every industry. That means no matter what kind of company you run, you need to budget for health and safety.
Now what you might not realise is there are certain health and safety requirements ever... ››› more
- [23 December 2014]
- Four fire safety tips that could save your company from disaster
- Workplace fires can happen when you least expect it. And the best way to deal with them is to prevent one all together.
It's simply a matter of putting fire safety measures in place and ensuring your employees know how to avoid fires.
To help you do this effectively we're revealing four fire safety tips that will prevent a fire disaster in your workplace...
Prevent a workplace fir... ››› more
- [19 November 2014]
- Holding a Halloween party at work? Here's how to ensure those jacko-lanterns don't burn your business to the ground
- Halloween has become quite popular in South Africa and a lot of people enjoy celebrating it. After all, the costumes and candy make it a fun event for all ages.
Because of this, you might be thinking of throwing an office Halloween party. But beware! Your office party could turn into a deadly nightmare.
One of the biggest dangers at any Halloween party are those jacko-lanterns. They could b... ››› more
- [31 October 2014]
- Four signs your company is about to go up in flames
- If a fire starts in your workplace, it could destroy everything: Your building, your work and even kill your employees.
That's why you have to do everything you can to prevent this.
The best way to avoid it is to look for the warning signs.
And when it comes to workplace fires, there are four warnings signs you must look out for...
Don't miss these four fire warning signs in you... ››› more
- [22 October 2014]
- This one tip could prevent 95% of fires in your company
- Fires claim thousands of businesses every year.
After a devastation like this, few business owners ever recover their losses. On top of that, there's the danger the fires put their employees in.
So how do you save your company from this disastrous fate?
To start with, you should find the most common causes of fires and eradicate them from your workplace.
And with this one tip you ca... ››› more
- [22 October 2014]
- Here's how to appoint your fire marshals in case a fire breaks out in your workplace
- If a fire breaks out in your workplace, you need people to help you manage the situation. That's where your fire marshals come in.
Your fire marshals must help you manage your employees and the situation as a whole.
But do you know how to choose your fire marshals?
Then read on to find out so you appoint the right people as your fire marshals ....
Here's how you go abou... ››› more
- [20 October 2014]