- Three things your employees must never do with their safety gloves
- Your employees' personal protective equipment (PPE) is vital to keep them safe. Without it, they're vulnerable to serious injuries.
The most common of which are hand injuries. This is because your employees constantly work with the hands and, when they use tools and machinery, it puts them in danger.
That's why you give them safety gloves as part of their PPE.
But to ensure their safety ... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- The one piece of PPE for hand tools you can't do without
- Drilling, hammering, plying, wrenching, cutting and sanding; all of these are common construction site activities. Your employees are always busy with their hands.
If something were to happen to their hands though, they'd have serious problems and this could have a negative impact on your business.
That's where personal protect equipment (PPE) comes in.
Read on to discover your main PPE ... ››› more
- [21 July 2014]
- How safe are your employees' safety gloves?
- If your employees use their hands a lot during their work, a hand injury could be bad news. When your employees work with hand tools and equipment they need their hands to be in one piece.
This is why they need good, strong safety gloves to protect them from impact injuries and prevent equipment from slicing through their hands.
But if your employees' safety gloves are getting on in age, the... ››› more
- [04 July 2014]
- Apply these two tips to reduce hand injuries in your workplace
- There are two main causes of hand injuries: Exposure to chemicals, tools, physical work and not paying attention. The good news is you can help reduce both types of hand injuries using these two tips...
Want to get a handle on hand safety?
Use these two tips to reduce hand injuries
Tip #1: Ensure employees are always wearing the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by doing a tas... ››› more
- [28 January 2014]
- Do your employees use hand tools? Use these measures to ensure they maintain files in a safe condition
- If your employees use hand tools don't assume they know how to use them when all they know is what they've seen. There are fine points in hand tool working techniques they may not understand. Take files, for example, looking after them isn't as easy as you think. Read on to discover the safety measures your employees should use to ensure they maintain files so they don't hurt themselves.
The sh... ››› more
- [24 October 2013]
- Two hand safety tips to reduce hand injuries in the workplace
- As a business, you have a legal duty to protect your employees from health and safety risks at the workplace. That's why you should ensure you reduce the health and safety risks for your employees who work with their hands. Read on to discover two strategies your employees can use to reduce hand injuries.
The two main causes of hand injuries in the workplace are exposure to chemicals, tools, ph... ››› more
- [24 April 2013]