- Consider these 9 factors in preparing an effective health and safety audit schedule
- Health and safety audits are necessary for you to ensure your legal compliance with relevant legislation.
They help you to identify any problems in your health and, in so doing, they can help you prevent any incidents from occurring in the workplace before they actually happen.
Now, in implementing an effective health and safety audit, your auditor will need to first set out an audit schedul... ››› more
- [14 February 2016]
- The biggest reason you need to do a health and safety audit in your company today!
- It's simple really...
By law, you must protect the health and safety of your employees. And one of the best ways to do this is to conduct a health and safety audit.
It helps identify the gaps and issues in your health and safety system, giving you a chance to correct them and make your workplace even safer.
If you're not quite convinced why you need to do an audit, here are 6 more reason... ››› more
- [29 January 2016]
- Follow these 2 steps to carry out effective health and safety audits
- You should be carrying out a legal-compliance audit on all your health and safety systems at least once a year. Doing this helps spot any problems in your health and safety systems, which can prevent any future problems from occurring. The logic behind its importance is somewhat self-evident, and yet its process is not necessarily straightforward.
What do I mean by that?
Well, it's simple - ... ››› more
- [17 November 2015]
- Follow these three steps when conducting health and safety audits
- In order to ensure legal compliance, you need to carry out regular health and safety audits.
Doing so will not only keep you in line with the law, but it will ensure that your health and safety system is effective so as to protect and maintain the health and safety of your employees.
In other words, carrying out health and safety audits can assist you in identifying any problems before they ... ››› more
- [21 September 2015]
- Five reasons why you NEED a Health and Safety Audit
- You need to carry out a health and safety audit at least once a year to check if you are still legally compliant. In other words, you must regularly do an in-depth look into your health and safety procedures so that it complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
An objective health and safety audit is very useful for a variety of reasons. Here are five reasons why you need one...
1... ››› more
- [18 August 2015]
- Use these three tips to avoid being caught with your pants down during a health and safety audit
- Failing a health and safety audit could result in hefty fines. But conducting your own internal audit can help you avoid these. By knowing what a health and safety audit entails, you ensure that when the time comes for a third party audit, you will pass with flying colours. Today, we explain the steps you need to take to get it right.
What is a health and safety audit?
This a te... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- Do you know how to plan for your safety audit?
- There are certains rules you have to take into account whenever you're scheduling a safetyaudit. Although you probably know that the audit frequency depends on the risk levels you identify, when it comes to audit planning and conducting, you need to understand that the right steps will help you identify problems before they happen. Let me explain.
Warning: Don't only carry out safety audits wh... ››› more
- [15 April 2015]
- A great philosophy for conducting internal safety audits that work
- I attended a safety management conference earlier this week, where one of the speakers mentioned the 'Gemba' philosophy and explained the benefits of such an approach.
I realised that while performing an internal audit, companies that adopted this method had an important quality on their side: None of their employees feared the inspection!
And analysing the impact of regular internal audit... ››› more
- [27 March 2015]
- When doing a safety compliance audit, you must familiarise yourself with these crucial site-specific requirements
- Today we're going to address two important aspects regarding the health and safety system: The compliance audit and site-specific requirements it needs to look at.
We're doing this because our healthandsafetyclub.co.za has received a deluge of questions asking for clarification on these systems. Read on to find out everything you need to know about them.
Here's how and why you should do a c... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]
- Use these seven tips to conduct a perfect safety compliance audit!
- You have to do a compliance audit to assess the degree of safety compliance with requirements of your site-specific health and safety risk management system.
Not sure what that entails?
Read on to find out...
Here's how to do a safety compliance audit
A compliance audit will help you see how effective your safety system is, and if it's achieving its objectives.
To do one, you need to... ››› more
- [17 March 2015]