- Five steps to get everyone to follow your Health and Safety Policy
- A Health and Safety Policy is evidence of your commitment to creating a work environment that is safe for all. It also demonstrates your willingness to comply with health and safety legislation.
A Health and Safety Policy turns a lot of attention towards health and safety aspects in your businesses. And, you could very well see an increase in productivity as your work environment is safe and a... ››› more
- [08 September 2015]
- Protect your workplace and employees from future xenophobic attacks by adjusting your health and safety policy document in three steps
- Your health and safety policy is the most important safety document in your company. And you need one to stay OHS compliant.
It shows everything you stand for regarding the health and safety of your workers.
Did you know it also needs to outline your rules on hateful acts of employees towards their foreign colleagues?
Read on to find out where to adjust your safety policy in three steps t... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- Three sections your health and safety policy must include
- Every company must have a health and safety policy to stay OHSA compliant.
If you don't, you won't be able to properly manage the health and safety of your employees. And could face huge fines from the Department of Labour.
Don't be intimidated. Today I'm going to break it down so you know exactly what your policy must include...
There are over 10... ››› more
- [15 April 2015]
- Do you know what Health and Safety general duties you have to your employees?
- When it comes to the health and safety domain, an employer has various responsibilities towards their employees. Some of them refer to the process of risk assessment while others include the systems of work and the personal protective equipment.
Let us give you some specific information about the duties you have as an employer when it comes to your health and safety policy!
Here are your ge... ››› more
- [06 April 2015]
- Policies and procedures: A key part in an effective Health and Safety Management System
- You have to make sure you're accurate when it comes to documenting your health and safety management.
This means you have to design and draft all your procedures and policies. To do that, you also need to get input from your employees since they're the specialists in their field.
You should have formal procedures on the following:
• Health and Safety Policy
• Risk assessment policy. W... ››› more
- [16 March 2015]
- Assessing your health and safety policy against OHSAS 18001? Check these ten points
- The aim of OHSAS 18001 is to create a system for constantly checking and improving your company's health and safety.
The OHSAS Project Group developed OHSAS 18001. This group is an association of 43 organisations from 28 countries. This association includes national standards bodies, registrars (certification bodies), consultants and occupational health and safety institutes.
This means impl... ››› more
- [17 November 2014]
- Three things you must do so the DoL safety inspector doesn't charge you with non-compliance
- The DoL is the one that ensures you comply with the OHS Act.
A DoL inspector can knock on your door at anytime to check your workplace compliance with health and safety requirements.
If you don't meet its requirements, it will penalise you harshly for non-compliance. That could mean penalties, prohibitions and even jail time.
And if he finds you haven't done these three things, he'll c... ››› more
- [03 November 2014]
- The five requirements your health and safety policy MUST fulfil to be legally compliant
- To create legally compliant health and safety in your company, you need a health and safety policy. This is how you enforce the rules and regulations within your company so your employees follow them.
But your health and safety policy must fulfill the right requirements to be effective.
Here are five requirements your policy must fulfil to ensure it does its job...
These are the fi... ››› more
- [28 October 2014]
- Is it a legal requirement to have a health and safety policy in your industry?
- A health and safety policy is a great way to enforce health and safety rules in your workplace. But, it's not always a legal requirement.
This policy is only a legal requirement if the Minister of Labour makes it compulsory for your industry.
And that means if you fall outside of these industries, you can elect to create a health and safety policy. But if your industry is one of these it app... ››› more
- [28 October 2014]
- Caution: Your employees are your company's biggest health and safety threat
- If your employees don't comply with your health and safety rules, you'll still be the one who faces penalties.
It doesn't matter if you've done everything legally required to keep your employees and workplace safe.
Don't let your employees be your downfall!
Follow these five steps to get your employees to comply and uphold your health and safety compliance...
Make your employees... ››› more
- [23 October 2014]