- Four types of OHSA's health and safety risk assessment you need to know about
- Having a HIRA (hazard identification and risk assessment) process at your company is one of the most important tools at your disposal to ensure your company's compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).Here are the four types of risk assessments you must do...
Most incidents in the workplace happen because of insufficient management controls. One way of ensuring your compa... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- Lessons to be learned. Scottish Fire Service admits health and safety failings after 35 year old firefighter dies
- Ewan Williamson, 35 years old, died after becoming trapped whilst rescuing people from flats above Edinburgh pub The Balmoral Bar which was ablaze. The Scottish fire service has pleaded guilty to health and safety failings after the death of firefighter Ewan Williamson.
Here's what you can learn from this tragedy.
Although around 20 people were rescued from flats above the pub, the firefighte... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
- Conducting a Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment? Make sure you consider these 12 points
- There are a dozen things you must take into account when you do a Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA). Read on to find out what they are so you can do a thorough one.
The Health & Safety Club says one way of ensuring your company identifies hazards and assesses risks is to do a complete and proper risk assessment of your workplace.
The technical term for this process is 'Hazard... ››› more
- [31 January 2014]
- Revealed: The benefits of doing risk assessments
- You probably know that safety laws require you to conduct risk assessments. But, do you know the true benefit of conducting these assessments? Read on to find out...
You must conduct a Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) process in your company.
Conducting a hazard identification and risk assessment process will help you achieve the following:
Louise Harty of Risk ... ››› more
- [18 December 2013]