- Does your Health and Safety Representative perform these five key tasks?
- As an employer you know it's key to improve the health and safety of your workplace. But important tasks can be overlooked or forgotten, and this is why you need a health and safety representative.
Here are five tasks a health and safety representative (HSE rep) should do to keep your workplace safe! **************
The only DoL recognised guide to select your Health and Safety Representative
... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- Is there a difference between a Health and Safety Rep and a Health and Safety Officer?
- Do you know there's a distinct difference between a 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer'? Read on to find out what the difference is...
We use the terms 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer' loosely, but do you know there's a distinct difference between the two? You need to know what the difference is as they perform different functi... ››› more
- [11 October 2016]
- Do you even know what a Health and Safety Rep is and why you should have one?
- I write to you daily about all sorts of health and safety issues and topics. And I know sometimes I throw around a lot of terms quite loosely...
Like health and safety rep...
And it occurred to me, some readers may be new to my daily bulletin. And some may be new to their health and safety position. Some may even be small business owners who are just learning about health and safety laws they ar... ››› more
- [30 September 2016]
- Your 'E' responsibility in HSE Representatives and SHE
- If you yawn when you see the words 'Green', 'Recycle', 'Greenhouse gasses' or 'Carbon footprint', you're going to get into trouble!
You're responsible for health and safety in your company and now you also have the previously 'ignored' environmental responsibilities and obligations on your plate.
The government is getting SERIOUS about environmental concerns and will hold you liable if you'r... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- Eight functions of your Safety Representative
- Did you know that if you employ 20 or more workers you must appoint a representative to monitor health and safety conditions?
If you don't, you'll be on the wrong side of the law, because it's a legal OHSA requirement.
Your Safety Representative's main function is to monitor the health and safety of your employees. But there are also seven other tasks he also needs to perform.
Read on to ... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Here are the duties you, the employer, share with your company's Health and Safety Representatives
- Although your Health and Safety Representatives (or HSE Reps as they're commonly referred to) carry out most of the responsibilities when it comes to your company's health and safety duties, employers should know that many of the duties when it comes to health and safety at the workplace also belong to them.
Let's take a look at them.
You and your HSE Rep share these safety responsibilities... ››› more
- [02 April 2015]
- Do you know your Health and Safety Representatives' duties?
- As part of your duties, you need to make sure your Health and Safety Representatives aren't neglecting their responsibilities.
As it is the case in every situation, you can only make sure this is not happening if you know the law.
And today, we're helping you with that...
Here's what your Health and Safety Representatives have to keep an eye on
Firstly, Health and Safety Representative... ››› more
- [02 April 2015]
- Here's exactly what the OHS Act says about health and safety training
- One of the rules the OHS Act outlines is the need to train your employees in health and safety issues. This enables them to protect themselves from danger by following safe operating procedures.
But what does the OHS Act really say about this training? Must it be formal or informal? Must you do it or must someone else?
To help relieve your confusion we're revealing exactly what the Act says ... ››› more
- [08 October 2014]
- Introducing the one person who'll make all the difference to your health and safety programme
- Do you manage your health and safety single-handily? That's quite a task for one person when you consider the fact all the different steps you must take and the documents you must keep.
Why would you want to do all that alone? Especially since the OHS Act itself suggests you have someone to help you carry the load.
There's one specific person it says you need by your side to help carry the l... ››› more
- [18 August 2014]
- Without THIS, your health and safety programme is doomed!
- Do you try get through your health and safety programme on your own without any help? If you do, I'm afraid to say you're doomed to fail.
Health and safety isn't something you can do without any assistance. You need to appoint the right people to help you or you'll miss out on vital information.
In fact, is you don't have this one person on your health and safety team, it's doomed...
... ››› more
- [18 August 2014]