- Five questions you should never ask during an interview
- I'm sure you know by now that the law doesn't allow any discrimination against an employee or job applicant (Employment Equity Act).
So when you plan your interviews with job applicants, protect yourself and your company by making sure you avoid questions that may be discriminatory. Because if you're found guilty of discrimination, you could get a penalty of up to 10% of your business turnover.... ››› more
- [02 March 2017]
- SARS will interview you when you apply for Vat registration. Take note of the six pieces of information it wants to know or it will reject your application
- When you apply for VAT registration, SARS will do an interview to find out key information about your business.
It's important that you're aware of what SARS wants to know during this interview so you can get your VAT affairs in order and give them what they want.
Because here's the thing, if during the interview SARS finds any signs of non-compliance, they'll reject your application.
... ››› more
- [15 February 2017]
- You could miss the perfect employee because you made one of these 10 mistakes!
- I'm sure you know that the best candidates prepare for the interview. They study, they research, and they rehearse. They make sure they know about the position they're applying for - and a bit about the company.
But what about you?
Are you ready to make the kind of first impression in the interview that will make the best candidates eager to join your team?
Find out below how to make s... ››› more
- [08 September 2016]
- Survey finds: Women are afraid to ask about maternity leave during job interviews. Here's how to address this topic to avoid losing top talent
- We're living in the 21st century right, women are independent and they're breaking glass ceilings.
Surely all this means is that workplaces are more progressive and women don't have to worry about asking for maternity leave benefits even when applying for jobs. After all, having a career doesn't mean putting off motherhood.
A recent survey has found that women are afraid to ask abo... ››› more
- [13 July 2016]
- 28 key questions to ask in an interview to get the right candidate
- So a vacancy has become available in your company, and you're now looking for someone to fill it. But you don't just want anyone!
Instead, you want the perfect person for the job.
In response to your job advertisement, you will receive a large number of applications which you'll have to go through and short list.
Only once you've done all that will the real work begin...
I'm talking a... ››› more
- [06 July 2016]
- 3 Tips to select the right candidate for the job
- When recruiting, you want to get the right candidate for the job first time around.
Failing to do so could end up costing your company big time!
This is something which Human Resources Expert, Susan Heathfield, understands. And that's why she has 3 tips on how to ensure you select the right candidate for the job.
Let's take a look...
Slash your recruitment costs... ››› more
- [31 March 2016]
- Are your employees abusing sick leave? Use these 4 steps to conduct an effective post-absence interview
- In attempting to reduce sick-leave abuse as much as possible, you've often heard it being said that post-absence interviews are a great tool.
But how exactly do you go about conducting one?
As pointed out on Employment law Clinic, here are 4 steps you can use in conducting an effective post-absence interview...
Get your hands on The Complete Guide to Managing ... ››› more
- [23 March 2016]
- 7 Interview questions to help you select the right person for the job
- When recruiting for a new employee, you want to get the right candidate for the job the first time around.
A well-structured interview can do just that.
What's more, specifically asking competency-based questions can assist you greatly in determining whether or not a candidate will be able to do the job.
So to be 100% sure that an applicant is the right fit for the job, ask these 7 questi... ››› more
- [22 March 2016]
- 6 Interview questions that could land you at the CCMA
- When holding an interview, you want to understand as much as possible about the candidate. After all, if she's going to be working for you, it would only make sense to do so.
But where do you draw the line?
To help you understand this boundary, AVOID asking the following 6 questions which, if asked, could land you up at the CCMA for unfair discrimination, resulting in you paying thousands in... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- 5 steps to guarantee a successful job interview
- When recruiting, you want to get the right candidate for the job FIRST time around.
A well-structured interview can do just that!
So, having said that, here are 5 steps to follow in guaranteeing a successful interview...
The A-Z of legal recruitment
Did you know there are 11 legal requirements for recruitment?
Do you know how the Employment Equity Ac... ››› more
- [12 February 2016]