- What's the difference between a job profile and a job description?
- Did you know there's a big difference between a job profile and a job description? Read on to find out what the difference is so you can get the most out of your employees.
It's up to you to ensure your employees know what's expected of them.
The starting point in doing this is having a good understanding of job profiles and job descriptions.
The difference between a job profile and a j... ››› more
- [23 November 2016]
- Effectively manage performance by including this one element in your job descriptions
- According to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, you are legally required to create job descriptions for your employees.
They play a very important role towards ensuring your employees know exactly what's required of them. And by ensuring that, you can effectively manage performance in the workplace.
But in order to do that, you need to make sure that this one element is always present i... ››› more
- [10 June 2016]
- 10 items an effective job description must contain
- Job descriptions are useful as they help you:
· manage employee performance:
· Achieve job clarity;
· Identify, measure and manage key performance areas; and
· Justify differences in income based on job value.
But all this can only be achieved if your job description contains the following 10 items.
Keep reading to find out what they are...
*****... ››› more
- [10 June 2016]
- 3 job description formats for an effective and legally compliant job description
- Job descriptions are important as they help you manage employees' performance, bring about clarity on the job as well as identify, measure and manage key performance areas.
Having said that, there are 3 classic types of job description formats which you can use in creating an effective and legally compliant job description.
Let's take a look at them...
The Ult... ››› more
- [08 March 2016]
- Create an effective job description by adding these 8 elements
- If you have a job description of the job you're hiring for, you'll have a clear idea of the minimum skill and experience required.
This means that the job advertisement you create will show exactly what type of candidate you're looking for.
This will encourage suitably qualified people to apply.
Now, in developing you own effective job description, ensure that you include the following 8 ... ››› more
- [11 February 2016]
- How to assess CVs in 30 seconds to reduce your recruitment time and costs
- I'm sure this scenario looks familiar: You receive a new hiring request from your CEO, you have to find the right person fast. You place a job ad but you don't expect to receive hundreds of irrelevant CVs. In the majority of cases 98 out of a 100 applications are not the right one, they don't have the correct work experience, qualifications or competencies. So you find yourself spending hours of y... ››› more
- [04 March 2015]
- Congratulations, the job is yours! But it's not the job you wanted. What's next?
- "This isn't the job I was hired for!".
Are you one of the people who said that after a few days at the new workplace? If so, you are not the only one to be welcomed with such a surprise. But whose fault is this? Who's to blame that the job description doesn't quite match the daily tasks? And, more importantly, what are you to do next?
Quit your job?
But it's the company you wanted! Do th... ››› more
- [27 February 2015]
- Three types of job description formats you can use to make sure your employee does his job properly
- Your employee must have a job description that makes it clear what his job is, spells out the performance standard you require from him and outlines his duties.
Without this document, your employee won't know what you need him to do. He simply won't achieve his goals. And you'll find it hard to assess his performance.
But where do you start when it comes to job descriptions?
Well, there ... ››› more
- [18 February 2015]
- Four rules to draft a job advert that attracts the best candidates
- When recruiting, the last thing you want is to be flooded with CVs from candidates who don't meet your requirements. This wastes your time.
So how can you avoid it?
Simply write a good job advert with all the right elements. It will help you attract the best candidates and discourage those who don't fit your criteria.
Read on to find the four rules you must follow when doing this...
... ››› more
- [28 January 2015]
- Stop outsourcing your job descriptions! Write your own using these four steps
- Every employee needs to have a job description when they start working for you. This is a legal requirement.
While some companies outsource an external consultant to write legally compliant job descriptions for them, you really don't have to.
Today I'll show you how you can write job descriptions correctly, without paying a consultant or worrying about non-compliance.
Keep reading below... ››› more
- [26 January 2015]