- Effectively manage performance by including this one element in your job descriptions
- According to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, you are legally required to create job descriptions for your employees.
They play a very important role towards ensuring your employees know exactly what's required of them. And by ensuring that, you can effectively manage performance in the workplace.
But in order to do that, you need to make sure that this one element is always present i... ››› more
- [10 June 2016]
- 10 items an effective job description must contain
- Job descriptions are useful as they help you:
· manage employee performance:
· Achieve job clarity;
· Identify, measure and manage key performance areas; and
· Justify differences in income based on job value.
But all this can only be achieved if your job description contains the following 10 items.
Keep reading to find out what they are...
*****... ››› more
- [10 June 2016]
- 3 job description formats for an effective and legally compliant job description
- Job descriptions are important as they help you manage employees' performance, bring about clarity on the job as well as identify, measure and manage key performance areas.
Having said that, there are 3 classic types of job description formats which you can use in creating an effective and legally compliant job description.
Let's take a look at them...
The Ult... ››› more
- [08 March 2016]
- Three types of job description formats you can use to make sure your employee does his job properly
- Your employee must have a job description that makes it clear what his job is, spells out the performance standard you require from him and outlines his duties.
Without this document, your employee won't know what you need him to do. He simply won't achieve his goals. And you'll find it hard to assess his performance.
But where do you start when it comes to job descriptions?
Well, there ... ››› more
- [18 February 2015]
- Stop outsourcing your job descriptions! Write your own using these four steps
- Every employee needs to have a job description when they start working for you. This is a legal requirement.
While some companies outsource an external consultant to write legally compliant job descriptions for them, you really don't have to.
Today I'll show you how you can write job descriptions correctly, without paying a consultant or worrying about non-compliance.
Keep reading below... ››› more
- [26 January 2015]
- Did you know: The Code of Good Practice says all your employees' job descriptions must contain the following?
- When you hear shocking scandals of people who hold high positions who got their jobs without being interviewed, you wonder if the companies who make these appointments even have job descriptions in place for their employees.
These days it just seems like many companies are flouting labour laws and are doing their own things.
But, this shouldn't deter you from doing the right thing, especiall... ››› more
- [21 August 2014]
- This is your first and most important step of performance management
- Labour experts say under-performing employees cost companies a fortune.
For starters, they don't deliver what you need and secondly, it takes a huge amount of your management time to deal with them.
That's why they recommend you implement a proper and effective performance management system so you can deal with them immediately.
But where do you start?
With this all-important step...... ››› more
- [02 June 2014]
- Why in 7 out of 10 cases the ideal applicant isn't recognised and the second best is hired
- Surprisingly, it happens again and again that people with an IQ of 125 work for people who have an IQ of only 100. A high IQ obviously isn't a guarantee for success. Find out how to hire the best candidate every time. Compile an accurate job description
When you compile the requirements for a job description, try to be as specific as possible. E.g. a sales representative must be able to deal with... ››› more
- [25 February 2014]
- 8 Reasons why you must have proper job descriptions in place...
- Do you often find employees aren't sure about what they should be doing? It could be because you haven't outlined what's expected from them. To stop this happening, you need to make sure you have up to date, accurate job descriptions so your staff are performing up to scratch.
Here are our top 8 reasons to create successful job descriptions... Dear Reader
Here are our top 8 reasons to create... ››› more
- [12 June 2013]
- Get your external recruiting skills up to scratch ...
- Online is the way to go when recruiting in 2013. But it can be a daunting task as there are so many choices when it comes to personalised recruitment software and job posting sites, letting you target candidates with the exact skills set you're looking for. Avoid this confusing by sticking to tried and tested external recruitment methods. Lia Marus of HR Pulse recently discovered what's advertised... ››› more
- [16 January 2013]