- Do you ask all candidates to show you a copy of their previous payslip? Is this legal?
- We all do it... We ask to see a potential employee's payslip. But this practice can quickly sour the recruitment process if you ask to see salary payment information at the offering stage.
Well, because employees often feel you should pay them what they're worth - and not based on their previous earnings.
Keep reading to find out what a study revealed...
Need to recruit ... ››› more
- [03 January 2017]
- Don't let the DoL inspector catch you out! Include these seven things in your employees' payslips
- DoL inspections can be a scary thought, and understandably so. After all, labour inspectors can literally appear at your doorstep, ready to scrutinise all that's going on in your workplace, without any prior notice whatsoever.
Within his powers, the labour inspector can inspect and question you on any document relating to labour law.
Of these documents, any information around employee remune... ››› more
- [06 October 2015]
- Do you need to register an ex-employee for tax to comply with IRP5 rules?
- Picture this: You've reached the end of the tax year and you're trying to sort out your employees' taxes.
You realise some of the employee who left before the end of the tax year earned above the R60 000 income tax threshold for the year but didn't register for tax.
What do you do? Do you register them or not? The Practical Tax Loose Leaf has the answer and it may surprise you.
*********... ››› more
- [29 May 2014]