- The five top excuses employees give for not wearing their PPE
- A question we always get on our Health and Safety Club site is 'How do I get all my employees to wear their safety gear all the time?'
It's one of the top challenges Health and Safety Managers face year after year.
So we did a bit of digging, and asked your peers about their experiences to find out the top reasons workers give for not wearing PPE.
And we also asked the health and safety... ››› more
- [12 June 2015]
- Eight of the most common PPE myths busted
- When it comes to personal protective equipment (PPE) in the workplace there can be a lot of confusion.
How much PPE do I really need for a certain job? What type of gloves should I use? Do I really need to clean my personal protective equipment after I use it?
The world of health and safety management can be mind-boggling, so let's bust eight common misconceptions about personal protective ... ››› more
- [12 June 2015]
- Why you need to hold a toolbox talk on HSE Reps and PPE
- When it comes to Health and Safety Representatives and personal protective equipment (PPE), the list of regulations is immense.
And you need to make sure your employees respect and know all the rules. You need to check all aspects in your Health and Safety department and ensure everyone is obeying the rules!
Here's what to cover in your toolbox talk on these topics...
First of all, Health... ››› more
- [10 June 2015]
- Three ways your employees must properly maintain and store their rubber gloves
- Using PPE helps prevent injury or death. And it's your legal obligation to give it to your employees.
But if your employees don't store or maintain their personal protective equipment properly, their PPE won't actually protect them at all.
A simple thing like cleaning their rubber gloves the wrong way increases their chance of electrocution.
Read on for three ways your employees must prop... ››› more
- [29 May 2015]
- Four instances when you must issue your employees with PPE
- Employers give every reason in the book as to why they don't issue staff with PPE.
It's your responsibility to issue your employees with the right PPE. And make sure they use it. Because if any one of your employees gets injured, the DoL won't accept any excuse from you.
According to Ray Saf, there are five instances when you must issue your employees with PPE...
*********In demand*******... ››› more
- [25 May 2015]
- A system that won't fail you! How to make sure your workers are protected from workplace risks
- We can't stress this enough: Protecting your team or your employees is one of the most important responsibilities you have as an employer.
And although you have to delegate and organise these duties with your Health and Safety Representatives and contractor (depending on the activity), there still remains the knowledge in the field and no one should skip this.
Let's look at the ways that he... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]
- Do you know your Health and Safety Representatives' duties?
- As part of your duties, you need to make sure your Health and Safety Representatives aren't neglecting their responsibilities.
As it is the case in every situation, you can only make sure this is not happening if you know the law.
And today, we're helping you with that...
Here's what your Health and Safety Representatives have to keep an eye on
Firstly, Health and Safety Representative... ››› more
- [02 April 2015]
- Dealing with poor performance? Here's how the Court looks at discipline for poor performance and your responsibilities
- If you were to give a definition of poor performance, what would that be? On what basis would you form your theory and definition? And would you be 100% sure of your idea of poor performance?
The truth is that as an employer you have many responsibilities on this perspective. It's really up to you to evaluate your employee and see if the work results meet the standards.
But let us look at wh... ››› more
- [30 March 2015]
- Here's why you should train your employees on personal protective equipment
- Today we want to explain the importance of training employees on personal protective equipment.
We'll give you a guideline for the proper selection, issuing, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE), in line with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and its regulations.
Read on to discover everything you need to know...
The importance o... ››› more
- [27 March 2015]
- Five common hazards at the workplace: Raise awareness of them and increase your worker's safety!
- We all know people who are so absent minded they knock their heads on anything hanging from the ceiling. They're usually the same people who will walk into a door glass, place a cup near the end of the table or spill their coffee on their keyboard at least once a week.
For an efficient health and safety system, we're sure you don't want someone like this on your team.
But you don't have much... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]