- Three reasons why it's so important to do a sanitation risk assessment
- If your employees work in filthy conditions, they're going to pick up all kinds of diseases. They could get stomach viruses, breathing problems, intestinal infections. All of these come from the kind of bacteria that live and breed in damp, dirty, unhygienic places.
When your employees get sick, it means lost productivity. You must also deal with COID if your employee is incapacitated for more ... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- If you don't listen to your health and safety representative, your risk assessment is doomed to fail
- As the boss, you know what's best for your company. No one else can make the important decisions about money, products and investment.
But when it comes to health and safety, you might need some help. The fact that you sit in your office and don't see what your employees do means you don't know what'll protect them best.
This is why you need to involve your health and safety representative.... ››› more
- [09 March 2017]
- Answers to four of the most frequently asked risk assessment questions
- Have questions about risk assessments? If so, continue reading to discover some of the answers to your questions.
Four answers to your risk assessment questions
Question #1: What's risk assessment matrix?
Answer: Experts at the Health & Safety Advisor say that a risk assessment is the process of estimating and communicating workplace safety risk and deciding whether this risk is a... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- What's a risk register and why you should use it?
- When talking about risk management, we also have to talk about the risk register you can use in your business as a management tool.
What is a risk register?
Well it's a document that helps you understand the impact a risk may have on your business.
In addition to this, a risk register helps you to make sure you don't get unexpected surprises in your business. It's important to understand ... ››› more
- [20 May 2015]
- A mouse pad could cost you thousands if you don't apply these three ergonomic principles in your office
- A simple thing like a mouse pad could cause a serious injury to your employees. Sounds silly, right?
But, if your employees' wrists don't get proper support when they're using a mouse, they could develop health problems associated with MSD(Musculoskeletal Disorders)!
Managing the ergonomics in your office needs to be a top priority. Because the last thing you need is to lose production due ... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- Six simple steps you need to take for a safer office environment
- Most people know about the huge amount of health and safety risks in a factory.
What's not so obvious is the safety risks your office employees face! Who would've thought employees who sit all day in an air-conditioned office would be at risk of injury?
But they are! There area surprising number of hazards in an office.
And I'm going to give you eight simple steps you can take to reduce t... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]
- Evaluate your health and safety performance! Familiarise yourself with site-specific requirements
- In order for your audit team to evaluate the risk assessments, they need to understand the process completely.
After you evaluate your risk assessment process, you must compare it against your control measures. This shows you if the systems you have are reducing your risk.
Here's what you need to do in order to familiarise yourself with site-specific requirements
Keep in mind that the co... ››› more
- [24 March 2015]
- Complacency: Your safety management system's biggest risk
- In business, there's a very common bad habit: Overlooking the fact that certain actions could create a potentially dangerous situation.
When you allow gaps in your health and safety management system, the end result can be a serious or fatal injury, a damage to property and loss of productivity.
Don't let this happen to your company!
Read on to see just how serious overlooking something i... ››› more
- [19 March 2015]
- When doing a safety compliance audit, you must familiarise yourself with these crucial site-specific requirements
- Today we're going to address two important aspects regarding the health and safety system: The compliance audit and site-specific requirements it needs to look at.
We're doing this because our healthandsafetyclub.co.za has received a deluge of questions asking for clarification on these systems. Read on to find out everything you need to know about them.
Here's how and why you should do a c... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]
- Use these seven tips to conduct a perfect safety compliance audit!
- You have to do a compliance audit to assess the degree of safety compliance with requirements of your site-specific health and safety risk management system.
Not sure what that entails?
Read on to find out...
Here's how to do a safety compliance audit
A compliance audit will help you see how effective your safety system is, and if it's achieving its objectives.
To do one, you need to... ››› more
- [17 March 2015]