- 10 Steps to the perfect health and safety audit
- Did you know, you should never audit your own system for an extended period of time as you may become complacent and overlook risks? The success of your audit depends on how well you know it, and have prepared for it. Here's 10 steps you need to take to guarantee the perfect health and safety risk management audit... You know the saying, 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'? In health and... ››› more
- [17 February 2016]
- Consider these 9 factors in preparing an effective health and safety audit schedule
- Health and safety audits are necessary for you to ensure your legal compliance with relevant legislation.
They help you to identify any problems in your health and, in so doing, they can help you prevent any incidents from occurring in the workplace before they actually happen.
Now, in implementing an effective health and safety audit, your auditor will need to first set out an audit schedul... ››› more
- [14 February 2016]
- The biggest reason you need to do a health and safety audit in your company today!
- It's simple really...
By law, you must protect the health and safety of your employees. And one of the best ways to do this is to conduct a health and safety audit.
It helps identify the gaps and issues in your health and safety system, giving you a chance to correct them and make your workplace even safer.
If you're not quite convinced why you need to do an audit, here are 6 more reason... ››› more
- [29 January 2016]
- Follow these 2 steps to carry out effective health and safety audits
- You should be carrying out a legal-compliance audit on all your health and safety systems at least once a year. Doing this helps spot any problems in your health and safety systems, which can prevent any future problems from occurring. The logic behind its importance is somewhat self-evident, and yet its process is not necessarily straightforward.
What do I mean by that?
Well, it's simple - ... ››› more
- [17 November 2015]
- Follow these three steps when conducting health and safety audits
- In order to ensure legal compliance, you need to carry out regular health and safety audits.
Doing so will not only keep you in line with the law, but it will ensure that your health and safety system is effective so as to protect and maintain the health and safety of your employees.
In other words, carrying out health and safety audits can assist you in identifying any problems before they ... ››› more
- [21 September 2015]
- Five reasons why you NEED a Health and Safety Audit
- You need to carry out a health and safety audit at least once a year to check if you are still legally compliant. In other words, you must regularly do an in-depth look into your health and safety procedures so that it complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
An objective health and safety audit is very useful for a variety of reasons. Here are five reasons why you need one...
1... ››› more
- [18 August 2015]
- Use these three tips to avoid being caught with your pants down during a health and safety audit
- Failing a health and safety audit could result in hefty fines. But conducting your own internal audit can help you avoid these. By knowing what a health and safety audit entails, you ensure that when the time comes for a third party audit, you will pass with flying colours. Today, we explain the steps you need to take to get it right.
What is a health and safety audit?
This a te... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations by monitoring and reviewing your Health and Safety Plan
- Your Health and Safety Plan needs to be dynamic so you can respond to changing circumstances and easily implement new safety regulations.
For this to happen, you must ensure your Principal Contractor performs regular safety audits on the construction work he does.
And you must ensure your Health and Safety Plan provides a safe and healthy environment for everyone on site.
Sounds like a ... ››› more
- [04 May 2015]
- Think there's 'no harm' in skipping safety audits? Consider this...
- Regular safety audits don't allow your existing safety processes to wear away with time.
They help you amend your policies as and when new risks and processes arise. And keep them up-to-date.
So why do so many think there's no harm in skipping them?
Read on for some hard-hitting facts that'll get you thinking about how important it really is to conduct regular safety audits...
*******... ››› more
- [30 April 2015]
- Don't let a false expert fool you! Use these ten tips to spot a dodgy ISO or OHSAS auditor
- One situation has become more of a habit in South Africa over the past few years: Many auditees don't check the auditor credentials prior to the auditor conducting a safety audit on their site.
And this is a mistake that you, as an employer, are paying from your own pocket.
It's essential that you get a competent auditor who will identify not only the risks, but also the improvement opport... ››› more
- [16 April 2015]