- Safety audit scope: What should your audit workbook subjects include?
- Did you know that your your audit team, in consultation with the Director, OHS and Injury Management, must provide broad instruction to the internal auditor(s) for each internal audit, by nominating audit workbook subjects to be assessed?
Confused? Here's what you need to know about this vital safety audit aspect.
Here's what we mean by audit workbook subjects:
• Legal Re... ››› more
- [15 April 2015]
- Do you know how to plan for your safety audit?
- There are certains rules you have to take into account whenever you're scheduling a safetyaudit. Although you probably know that the audit frequency depends on the risk levels you identify, when it comes to audit planning and conducting, you need to understand that the right steps will help you identify problems before they happen. Let me explain.
Warning: Don't only carry out safety audits wh... ››› more
- [15 April 2015]
- Use these six tips to make your safety auditor's approach a success
- The way a safety audit is carried out has a big influence on your employees, one of which you might not even notice or be aware of. But keep in mind that an audit should never be a stressful situation for the team and no one should fear the moment when such a process is taking place.
It is a strict procedure indeed and you have to obtain specific results but this doesn't mean that any ways to d... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]
- Did you know: Three task levels of risk determines the frequency of your safety audits? Here's how it works
- Safety audit frequency is established under certain rather clear rules even though the risk level of certain tasks may vary and implies various activities.
The main idea in this case is that depending on the risk level you will fix the audit frequency.
Today, we're going to explain how this works so you don't miss a safety audit.
Risk levels and safety audit frequency – how does it wo... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- A great philosophy for conducting internal safety audits that work
- I attended a safety management conference earlier this week, where one of the speakers mentioned the 'Gemba' philosophy and explained the benefits of such an approach.
I realised that while performing an internal audit, companies that adopted this method had an important quality on their side: None of their employees feared the inspection!
And analysing the impact of regular internal audit... ››› more
- [27 March 2015]
- When doing a safety compliance audit, you must familiarise yourself with these crucial site-specific requirements
- Today we're going to address two important aspects regarding the health and safety system: The compliance audit and site-specific requirements it needs to look at.
We're doing this because our healthandsafetyclub.co.za has received a deluge of questions asking for clarification on these systems. Read on to find out everything you need to know about them.
Here's how and why you should do a c... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]
- Use these seven tips to conduct a perfect safety compliance audit!
- You have to do a compliance audit to assess the degree of safety compliance with requirements of your site-specific health and safety risk management system.
Not sure what that entails?
Read on to find out...
Here's how to do a safety compliance audit
A compliance audit will help you see how effective your safety system is, and if it's achieving its objectives.
To do one, you need to... ››› more
- [17 March 2015]
- Prepare the perfect health and safety risk management internal audit in just eight easy steps
- What do you have to do when planning and preparing the health and safety risk management internal audit?
Simply follow these eight steps and you'll have the perfect plan...
These are the eight things you must do to plan and prepare for your internal safety audit!
1. Ask yourself what do you need from a standard audit procedure, this is important since it outlines the set of rules your comp... ››› more
- [17 March 2015]
- Compile your health and safety budget in three easy steps
- We can't stress the importance of an efficient health and safety management system enough. One of the key components to getting it right is an accurate health and safety budget.
To compile your health and safety budget, you need to follow these three steps:
Use these three steps when setting up your health and safety budget.
Step 1: Create a plan
You need to plan how you'll design and... ››› more
- [16 March 2015]
- Eight factors to consider when choosing your audit team. And avoid costly insurance claims
- By conducting a health and safety risk audit, you'll be able to reduce incidents in the workplace and save costs by being proactive instead of reactive.
But you can't conduct a health and safety audit on your own. You need a team of employees to help you with this task. And you can't just select anyone!
Make sure you consider these eight factors when you appoint your internal health and safe... ››› more
- [11 March 2015]