- Prevent fires in the workplace with this nifty toolbox talk
- One night, Jeffry decided to park the forklift next one of the main offices. Later, an electrical fire started in the office. It burnt down the door and spread towards the forklift. It then exploded because of the heat applied to its gas container. The results were absolutely devastating.
All it takes is one spark to create an unimaginable amount of damage to your business, which could cost... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- The one toolbox talk you're going to need to get you through 'party' season
- It seems early, but we are headed into THAT time of year...
It's frightening! I walked into Checkers the other day and they are already putting up the tinsel.
Calendars are starting to fill up with 'end-of-year' parties. And our weekends are in full party-mode.
While it's great your employees are enjoying the festivities, their over-indulgence has a big impact on YOUR business. Here's ... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- Revealed: The ONE reason Toolbox Talks are vital on any site
- Most employers in the construction industry brush Toolbox Talks aside...
'They are insignificant!' said one site owner.
'I don't have time to chit-chat...' said another supervisor.
'No-one listens anyway so what's the point?' said another.
And, after all there's not much too them, right?
They are short informal chats that only take 10 minutes. So how serious can they really be? Just... ››› more
- [29 August 2016]
- 3 Tips on how to prevent workplace accidents
- It's true! Workplace accidents can never really be prevented indefinitely. They are, in a way, an eventuality.
But that's not to say that you shouldn't be taking steps to prevent them occurring in your workplace!
You have a duty to your employees! And that duty is to look out for their health and safety.
So in doing just that, take a look at these 3 tips on how you can prevent accident... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Toolbox Talk: How to recognise a heart attack and protect yourself!
- Did you know that heart attacks are the number one disease of both men and women and about half of these are fatal?
It's important your employees know the signs and are able to react when someone's having one.
Conducting a toolbox talk on the topic can help them do that...
Heart attacks: What you need to tell your employees during your next safety talk
You probably didn't know that v... ››› more
- [03 June 2015]
- Six crucial safety topics you must remember when planning your toolbox talks
- Toolbox talks are a great way to make employees aware of their health and safety responsibilities. They're also a great way to refresh and reinforce the health and safety training that you gave your employees when they joined your company.
It gives you the opportunity to make your employees aware of safety risks. And you can get feedback from them on any other safety concerns they have.
Mak... ››› more
- [14 May 2014]
- Toolbox safety talks on chemicals: Make sure your employees are aware of the following info
- Exposure to hazardous chemical substances can cause harm to you and your employees, and even death in extreme cases. The good news is you can help prevent this by conducting toolbox safety talks in your workplace. Use the following info to alert your employees about the safety precautions they must take to protect themselves before they work with any chemicals.
What to tell your employees when ... ››› more
- [20 March 2014]