- Four key health and safety training aspects you must manage and control
- Take the lead and manage all your health and safety training needs today...
This simple training programme can save you lots of time, effort and money
Aren't you tired of having to arrange and prepare the sessions, especially since you don't always have a ready-to-use format?
Over 200 people are killed each year in accidents at work and over one million people are injured.
... ››› more
- [31 July 2017]
- Revealed: The ONE reason Toolbox Talks are vital on any site
- Most employers in the construction industry brush Toolbox Talks aside...
'They are insignificant!' said one site owner.
'I don't have time to chit-chat...' said another supervisor.
'No-one listens anyway so what's the point?' said another.
And, after all there's not much too them, right?
They are short informal chats that only take 10 minutes. So how serious can they really be? Just... ››› more
- [29 August 2016]
- 3 Tips on how to prevent workplace accidents
- It's true! Workplace accidents can never really be prevented indefinitely. They are, in a way, an eventuality.
But that's not to say that you shouldn't be taking steps to prevent them occurring in your workplace!
You have a duty to your employees! And that duty is to look out for their health and safety.
So in doing just that, take a look at these 3 tips on how you can prevent accident... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Revealed: How a vehicle management program can save your company money!
- I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you don't know is that using a vehicle management program can actually save you money. Let's take a look... Dear Reader
I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you have some form of a vehicle management program you use to... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Follow these 4 steps once you've identified hazards in the workplace
- As an employer, you have many duties that need to be fulfilled in order to ensure the overall health and safety of your employees in the workplace
And of those health and safety obligations you are expected to carry out, one of the most important has to be the relevant information, instruction, training and supervision of your employees in the workplace.
This means that once you've identifie... ››› more
- [16 February 2016]
- Five ways to improve work safety communication
- Face it: Everything we do is communication. So it's no wonder that poor communication causes 70% of workplace mistakes. That's a research-backed fact...
When it comes to workplace safety, communication is especially important. Workers need to understand your business's safety initiative, and how it'll affect them. This is important for improving workplace safety.
During your next toolbox tal... ››› more
- [20 July 2015]
- Health and safety training doesn't have to bore your employees to death. Here are three ways to put a spin on things.
- Health and safety training is a recurring task but that doesn't mean it has to be mundane. Incorporating fun ways to learn will ensure the information will actually stick with your employees. Read on to discover.
Get the basics of health and safety training right
Every employee endures health and safety training at least once in his or her working life. Because of this, 99% of the ... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- Eight safety tips to give your employees to ensure their safety at your construction site, and your OHS compliance...
- Studies show 52.5% of construction sites are non-compliant with health and safety laws.
Of which 82.3% of non-compliance on construction sites is because employees don't know how to work safely.
You have to make sure your employees work safely, which will reduce injuries, and ensure your OHS compliance.
Here are eight construction site safety tips you must give your employees to ensure t... ››› more
- [18 May 2015]
- Toolbox Talks: What are they and why do you need them?
- When you ask people what they think of when they hear the term 'Toolbox Talks', most imagine a worker's toolbox, picking a tool from it, and then talking about it!
Although an entertaining thought, that's not what a Toolbox Talk is all about!
So what exactly are they and why do you need to have them...?
Read on to find out...
What if I told y... ››› more
- [15 May 2015]
- Don't know how to conduct a Toolbox Talk? Use this simple Toolbox Talks checklist to make sure you're covering all the bases...
- You need to conduct Toolbox Talks in your workplace (The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)).
They are a way for you to give your employees safety information about their working environment. And involve them in the safety management at your workplace.
Running effective Toolbox Talks can be a challenge. And because you must have them regularly (at least once a week), makes it somethin... ››› more
- [12 May 2015]