- Does your annual leave policy contain this ONE glaring gap?
- Most annual leave policies are largely made up of legal annual leave entitlements. But their structure of can change from business to business. Because of this, most annual leave policies neglect to include ONE very important part. Read on to make sure your annual leave policy doesn't have a big hole in it.
All your annual leave questions answered!
... ››› more
- [05 January 2017]
- Do you want to combat sick leave abuse? Then include this in your sick leave policy
- Paid sick leave is in place for employees who are genuinely too ill or injured to work for short periods of time. But there could very well be those employees who abuse the system.
Sick leave abuse can cost you a lot because you'll end up paying the employee for work that he's not doing on the day. On top of that, there are times you'll have to pay for a temporary worker to fill his gap until ... ››› more
- [29 September 2015]
- This is what you must do if a psychologist books your employee off
- Your employee Caroline advised you yesterday that her psychologist wants to book her off on sick leave for a few days (in conjunction with her doctor).
Do you have to agree to this? How do you determine if this is a genuinely medical issue? Read on to find out.
Ensure the psychologist is a registered medical practitioner
Firstly, if Caroline submits a medical certificate issue by a reg... ››› more
- [27 July 2015]
- Stop your employees from falling sick and taking too much sick leave by following these three proactive steps
- In some workplaces, employees fall ill often, resulting in them taking a lot of time off. As the employer, it's your job to stop this from happening within your organisation!
You might, for example, offer flu injections to your employees before winter starts. That's a clever preventative measure to take, but there are even better steps you can take!
Here they are...
Three steps for preve... ››› more
- [13 July 2015]
- Protect your company against sick leave abuse using a sick leave policy template
- You'll probably be confronted with sick leave abuse from your workers if you don't implement a clear sick leave policy. This happens because while employees are entitled to a limited number of days' paid sick leave if they are genuinely too ill or injured to work for short periods, sick leave is also open to abuse.
A sick leave policy provides for both situations: It helps you manage those empl... ››› more
- [05 June 2015]
- Put these three measures in place to stop sick leave abuse today
- Employees who take sick leave often can be a huge liability for you.
The truth is, while some employees don't come to work because they're genuinely ill, there are those who take time off even if they aren't sick. This amounts to sick leave abuse.
Every time they're absent, productivity suffers and you end up losing money.
So how do you deal with this problem?
Put ... ››› more
- [17 December 2014]
- Use these four tips to make your employees want to come to work and put a stop to absenteeism
- Your employees are the life blood of your company. If they aren't happy and aren't coming to work, you company will suffer. But you can easily stop absenteeism in the work place from being a problem in your company. Here's what you can do to make your employees want to get out of bed and come to work...
Would you like to have a watertight 14-step a... ››› more
- [05 May 2014]
- Here's what you need to know about who gets paid sick leave and who doesn't
- Paid sick leave isn't a cut and dry thing. The rules are very clear, but to make sure that employees don't abuse this, you need to know who gets and doesn't. Here are some simple points to help you weed out those who are entitled from those who are taking chances.
Take these steps today to ensure you never pay more than you have to for sick employees
T... ››› more
- [23 April 2014]
- Employees always sick? How to stop it today
- Make sure you develop a leave policy to regulate sick leave in your company.
If you have a leave policy, your staff will know what is expected of them, and won't abuse their sick leave.
Download this free e-report today!
BONUS! Youʼll find an example of the leave policy and procedure in this report. To download Employees always sick? How to stop it today click here now!
[[text_... ››› more
- [14 January 2014]
- Are your employees playing with their sick leave?
- Do your employees grumble that they're only entitled to 30 days' sick leave in a three-year or 36-month cycle? It's more than they'd get in the US, which is usually more lenient than SA. Here's what your employees are entitled to when it comes to sick leave, and what to do to ensure they're not taking advantage...
In the US, employers with fewer than 50 employees can terminate the servic... ››› more
- [15 May 2013]