- You have two options if you catch your employee stealing from you
- Is your employee stealing from you? If so, read on to find out what your two options are regarding employee theft.
The Labour Law for Managers says theft in the workplace happens when your employee takes goods to which he has no lawful right and with the intention to keep the goods to use or sell or for any other purpose.
Essentially, he has no intention of returning the goods to you as the... ››› more
- [28 October 2016]
- Three steps to take if you suspect an employee is stealing from you
- Many employers have been asking what must happen if they strongly believe an employee is stealing from them.
Well, the answer is simple: You need to take action! Follow your gut! Because by ignoring your suspicions, all you'll be doing is paying for more and more missing items in your workplace.
So to help you take action, here are three steps you should take if you suspect an employee is ... ››› more
- [06 May 2016]
- If an 81 year old farmer can fight theft in the workplace, so can you
- The world knows South Africa for its high crime rates. But you don't have to feel helpless. Take the recent story of anelderly Port Elizabeth farmer who didn't take a robbery lying down. He fought back against an 18 year old thief, stabbing him in the arm. You can take that 'can-do' attitude (minus the stabbing, of course) and apply it to your own business with these top tips to combat theft at wo... ››› more
- [05 August 2013]
- Six methods to prevent theft in the workplace by your employees
- Theft is one of the most serious forms of dishonesty. It's not only costly towards your business, but if you can't trust your own employees not to steal, the trust relationship between you will be breached. But there's a cheaper way to prevent theft from occurring in the first place. Read on to find out the six tips you can use to combat theft.
Theft in the workplace is when an employee takes c... ››› more
- [24 April 2013]