- You won't go wrong with your input tax claims if you follow these six rules...
- Still struggling to grasp when you can claim input tax? Follow these six rules
Here's how input tax can boost your company's cash flow legally
You could be missing out on 19 input tax VAT savings...
If you're still struggling to grasp when you can claim input tax, you're not alone.
Many VAT vendors battle.
While knowing you're n... ››› more
- [12 July 2017]
- Four rules your need to know about Vat refunds
- Vat refunds are great as they boost your company's cash flow. In this tough economy every little bit of cash is welcome.
But, getting a Vat refund isn't that simple.
You have to play by the rules if you want to get your Vat refund on time and without any problems.
Here are the four rules we believe every Vat vendor needs to know about Vat refunds.
*********** Product endorsement ***... ››› more
- [01 February 2017]
- Two instances where SARS won't give you a Vat refund
- Every Vat vendor knows that when their input tax exceeds their output tax, SARS owes them a Vat refund.
Perhaps the reason most vendors know this is because Vat refunds play an important part to ease the cash flows in their business. Everyone likes to have a little cash injection coming their way.
What you may not know however is, there are two instances where SARS won't give you a Vat refun... ››› more
- [21 January 2017]
- Three things on your Vat refund that'll get you in trouble with SARS
- You have to tread carefully when it comes to Vat refunds.
SARS scrutinises these and it'll punish you if it finds errors. And this means you can say goodbye to the cash injection you were hoping to get.
But we've got your back as always.
Today our experts reveal the three things that'll get you in trouble with SARS when it comes to Vat refunds. Read on to find out what they are so you c... ››› more
- [17 January 2017]
- How to claim VAT back before you're a VAT vendor!
- One of our Practical VAT Handbook subscribers asked if he can get a VAT refund back on property expenses. The real kicker is, he hasn't registered for VAT yet!
Your immediate response may be to say no - it's not possible. One of our well respected VAT experts, Kallie Van Der Merwe, a writer for the Practical VAT Handbook, answered this question for our member.
Let's have a look at the ques... ››› more
- [21 December 2016]
- What you NEED to know about International Vat claims
- Your company may be entitled to claim a Vat refund on a number of business expenses incurred in other countries. Here's what you need to know about International Vat claims.
You know that you can claim South African Vat as input tax. However, you may be neglecting to claim Vat refunds on international business expenses. Now it's your chance to exploit this untapped reserve.
International V... ››› more
- [12 December 2016]
- Did you know you can charge SARS 15.5% interest if they pay your VAT refund, or any other refund, late?
- I'm sure you've had to wait at least once for a refund from SARS. You've phoned the call centre, sent letters and they keep telling you it's still being 'processed'.
If SARS has agreed to pay you a refund, and the money's not in your account. Charge them interest!
If you're due a VAT refund, SARS must refund you within 21 days of submitting your VAT return. But for all other taxes, the refun... ››› more
- [07 September 2016]
- Your four duties to get your VAT refund from SARS on time
- Good news! When your input tax exceeds your output tax, SARS owes you a VAT refund.
To claim your VAT refund, you must
- Calculate your VAT; and then
- Submit your VAT return to SARS via eFiling.
The amazing thing about a VAT refund is it can help you ease cash flows in your business.
So there's no question that you want to get it as soon as possible.
To make this happen, don't just... ››› more
- [27 May 2016]
- Do you export goods over inland border posts? Then follow this procedure to ensure you get your VAT refunds every time
- Does your company work with exported goods? If so, then you need to ensure that you're up-to-date with the latest VAT refund procedure at inland border posts.
If you fail to comply with it, you'll not get a VAT refund on your moved goods! It's as simple as that!
So take a look here at the official VAT refund procedure for inland border posts and make sure you're completely in line with it,... ››› more
- [03 May 2016]
- 5 little tricks to ensure you get your VAT refunds ASAP!
- VAT refunds form an important part of your business because they ease your cash flow.
And if you're tax-smart, you'll make use of every allowable input tax deduction you're entitled to in order to maximise your refunds, claiming back every legal cent you can.
But some VAT refunds can take longer than others to come through, depending on what you do to get them. And you may not have the time,... ››› more
- [26 April 2016]