- Use these seven tips to improve ventilation in your workplace - or face penalties
- If your employees are experiencing headaches, dizziness, sinus congestion, itchy or watery eyes, scratchy throats and an inability to concentrate at work, poor ventilation is probably to blame.
And if you don't improve the ventilation in your workplace, you'll risk your business facing hefty penalties or even getting shut down! It will also contribute to unproductivity and increased sick leave ... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]
- Poor ventilation causes workplace accidents! Use these 4 steps to prevent it from ever happening
- Your employees' health and safety is of paramount importance in the workplace.
Not looking out for it could lead to some very serious accidents. And that's something you definitely don't want!
Now, while you can't prevent all accidents in the workplace, such as freak accidents, many of them can be prevented! This is because they have causes which can be directly traced back to your workpla... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Environmental Regulations provide four areas you must follow for ventilation in the workplace
- It's up to you to ensure your business is a heathy and safe working environment for all.
You can do this by complying with the Environmental Regulations in the workplace.
Here are four areas you must stick to when it comes to ventilation in the workplace:
1. You must make every effort to ensure that the air in your workplace is safe to breathe. Part of doing this can be to look for signs... ››› more
- [08 September 2015]
- Five reasons why you need to include ventilation as part of your safety risk assessment!
- Do you ever hear your employees sneezing and coughing non-stop in the office?
Well, you'd better start noticing before it's too late!
You see, poor ventilation is an invisible health hazard. It puts the health and safety of your employees at risk. And the financial consequences could shut your business down!
Here are five reasons why you need to include a ventilation system in your risk ... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- Ventilation in the workplace: Eight things you MUST do to keep your workplace clean and odour free
- You must provide proper ventilation in your workplace. To do that, you also need to keep in mind is that personal habits often affect the quality of air in the workplace. While many minor problems are insignificant by themselves, every bit of pollution adds up. So make sure you do these eight things to help promote a clean, odour free and pleasant place to work.
Poor ventilation is a hazard. An... ››› more
- [06 January 2014]
- Is the air in your office slowly killing your employees?
- Do you find yourself (or your employees) suffering from frequent headaches, dizziness, scratchy throats and an inability to concentrate? Chances are, the ventilation in your office isn't up to scratch! But the condition of the air you and your employees breathe, is your responsibility. Ventilation in the workplace is one of the most important factors you need to consider when you do your risk asse... ››› more
- [22 November 2013]
- Is it a legal requirement to have these seven risk assessments assessed by an AIA?
- One way of ensuring your company identifies any hazards and assesses risks to your employees' health and safety is to do a complete and proper risk assessment of your workplace. But, what about risk assessments on dust, noise, ventilation, lighting, hazardous chemical substances, medical surveillance and legal compliance audits? Is it a legal requirement to have these assessments evaluated by an A... ››› more
- [07 November 2013]
- What does the OHSA say about ventilation in the workplace?
- You probably already know that ventilation removes unpleasant smells and excessive moisture. And that it includes both the exchange of air to the outside, as well as circulation of air within the building. But do you know what the Occupational Health and Safety Act says about ventilation in the workplace? Read on to find out...
You must comply with the OHSA when it comes to ventilation in the w... ››› more
- [07 October 2013]
- McDonald's worker faints and shuts down entire restaurant! Here's how to avoid a ventilation pitfall like this in your office
- The McDonalds owners in Washington Heights didn't see the broken air conditioner as a big deal. But when a worker collapsed in the kitchen on the hottest day of the year, the entire restaurant's staff walked out in protest! Don't let your business come to a standstill because of these ventilation mistakes... The Huffington Post reports that a McDonald's worker in New York collapsed from overheatin... ››› more
- [22 July 2013]
- Control these five pollutants before they become a threat to office ventilation
- Are your employees experiencing headaches, dizziness, sinus congestion, itchy or watery eyes, scratchy throats and an inability to concentrate at work? Poor ventilation in your office can be the source of all these symptoms. Here are the five major pollutants that may be affecting ventilation in your workplace.
Poor ventilation is a hazard.
And like all hazards, it poses a risk to your empl... ››› more
- [28 June 2013]