- Have you made a donation? Find out how much donations tax you'll have to pay
- Have you given something to someone for free? If so, read on to find out how much donations tax you'll have to pay....
The Practical Tax Loose Leaf Service explains that a donation is when:
You give something away for free;
You get rid of something for a lesser price than it's worth; or
A company disposes of property, at the request of any person. SARS will see that property... ››› more
- [02 December 2013]
- Here's how to avoid a SARS audit of your dividends
- If you're waiting for your dividends payout, make sure it doesn't come with a SARS audit or penalty! Here's how... The experts at the Practical Tax Loose Leaf explain everything you need to know.
First, take note that when your company pays out a dividend, it'll withhold the Dividends Tax (DT) from the payment to the shareholder. It then pays this over to SARS (in much the same way that you d... ››› more
- [18 November 2013]
- You have two weeks to submit your dividends tax return - request t from SARS now!
- The deadline for submitting your dividends tax return to SARS is fast approaching. While Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan's upcoming budget speech is unlikely to impose any changes on the way dividends tax works, it's your responsibility to request yourdividends tax return from SARS. Here's what you'll need to submit to ensure your dividends tax is paid correctly. Tax-deferred dividends are big new... ››› more
- [18 February 2013]