- Did your company spend more than triple what you budgeted for PPE last year? Here's how an asset management policy will stop this from happening again
- The one health and safety tip that could save your company thousands this year
Draw up an asset management policy to control your company's PPE by including these seven rules
How to manage your company PPE
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is expensive.
For a hard hat, you're looking at spending about R500 for one. Then you have to multi... ››› more
- [17 July 2017]
- Three things your employees must never do with their safety gloves
- Your employees' personal protective equipment (PPE) is vital to keep them safe. Without it, they're vulnerable to serious injuries.
The most common of which are hand injuries. This is because your employees constantly work with the hands and, when they use tools and machinery, it puts them in danger.
That's why you give them safety gloves as part of their PPE.
But to ensure their safety ... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- Eight ways to make sure your staff wear their PPE
- Why is personal protective equipment (PPE) so important?
Because it protects workers from injury! In the real world though, safety professionals are still struggling to get this message across - and make it stick.
Unfortunately, expressions like 'Wear your PPE because it says so in the safety rule book' just don't hold up as convincing arguments.
So what does work? Let's look at eight way... ››› more
- [03 March 2017]
- Know this common way that incidents lead to accidents and take action!
- Workplace incidents usually consist of no real harm or loss, but a workplace accident does!
An accident in the workplace in the workplace can happen at any moment. They can create a lot of stress for you because thousands, even millions in Compensation claims may need to be paid out.
Also, investigations by the Department of Labour around the accident may even lead to your company shutting ... ››› more
- [13 February 2017]
- What PPE do the general safety regulations require?
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) contains 50 sections and 20 sets of regulations. The different regulations specify the specific requirements you must adhere to. This includes requirements about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Read on to find out what the general safety regulations require when it comes to PPE.
When it comes to PPE, you can't just comply with the regulations y... ››› more
- [18 January 2017]
- Six quick tips to make your staff wear their PPE!
- Your role as Health and Safety Rep is to ensure all your employees wear their personal protective equipment (PPE). If your co-workers don't wear their PPE and you ignore it, you're being negligent in your duties and there are consequences.
Attention! Health and Safety specialists face fines imposed by the Do... ››› more
- [02 January 2017]
- Can SARS validly deliver an assessment to you via eFiling?
- If you're like me, you probably think the answer to the question is 'yes'. Probably because you've received a SARS assessment in this way before.
But have you ever just happened to find out by chance, that SARS issued an assessment to you via eFiling? And by the time you see it, you're passed the 30 day period to object.
Well, I have good news for you. Just recently, as I was talking to Ala... ››› more
- [27 October 2016]
- What PPE must I use? Find out here with these three common workplace hazards
- You have a legal duty to uphold your employees' health and safety in the workplace. And part of that duty is to provide them with personal protective equipment (PPE).
And you must also ensure the PPE you provide actually suits the hazard it's being used for.
So to help give you get an idea of what PPE to provide, here's a list of three very common workplace hazards in a standard workplace..... ››› more
- [05 May 2016]
- Are you applying for a payment suspension? Then use these 5 statements to ensure SARS grants it
- Are you intending to appeal or object a SARS assessment?
If so, then you can, under the Tax Administration Act, apply to SARS, in writing, for a payment suspension. In other words, to postpone the payment of the assessed taxes until the objection, or appeal, has been finalised.
Now, it's worth noting that the decision to grant this postponement is up to SARS, and they may require some convin... ››› more
- [25 April 2016]
- Do you know how to prevent these 2 common causes of workplace accidents? Find out here
- In order to prevent workplace accidents from occurring, you need to first understand what causes them.
Once you've done that, you then need to know what measures you can take to prevent them, before finally implementing them.
This may seem simple enough, but if I were present to you with 2 common causes of workplace accidents, namely working at unsafe speeds and not using personal protective... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]