- You won't go wrong with your input tax claims if you follow these six rules...
- Still struggling to grasp when you can claim input tax? Follow these six rules
Here's how input tax can boost your company's cash flow legally
You could be missing out on 19 input tax VAT savings...
If you're still struggling to grasp when you can claim input tax, you're not alone.
Many VAT vendors battle.
While knowing you're n... ››› more
- [12 July 2017]
- What you NEED to know about International Vat claims
- Your company may be entitled to claim a Vat refund on a number of business expenses incurred in other countries. Here's what you need to know about International Vat claims.
You know that you can claim South African Vat as input tax. However, you may be neglecting to claim Vat refunds on international business expenses. Now it's your chance to exploit this untapped reserve.
International V... ››› more
- [12 December 2016]
- Do you export goods over inland border posts? Then follow this procedure to ensure you get your VAT refunds every time
- Does your company work with exported goods? If so, then you need to ensure that you're up-to-date with the latest VAT refund procedure at inland border posts.
If you fail to comply with it, you'll not get a VAT refund on your moved goods! It's as simple as that!
So take a look here at the official VAT refund procedure for inland border posts and make sure you're completely in line with it,... ››› more
- [03 May 2016]
- 5 little tricks to ensure you get your VAT refunds ASAP!
- VAT refunds form an important part of your business because they ease your cash flow.
And if you're tax-smart, you'll make use of every allowable input tax deduction you're entitled to in order to maximise your refunds, claiming back every legal cent you can.
But some VAT refunds can take longer than others to come through, depending on what you do to get them. And you may not have the time,... ››› more
- [26 April 2016]
- Case Law: Avoid complications with VAT refunds and banking details
- If you're entitled to a VAT refund, then you better ensure SARS has your banking details.
Read the following case of when SARS posted a cheque and LOST it, resulting in a huge delay in the refund process and a complete change in the law regarding YOUR responsibility regarding VAT refunds... Stabilpave vs. SARS (Supreme Court of Appeal) 26th September 2013:
On 16 October 2006, SARS told Stabi... ››› more
- [03 February 2016]
- News: Accountant gets caught for alleged R5 million fraud
- According to a recent News24 article, a former official of the South African Revenue Service (SARS), was recently expected to appear in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on charges of VAT fraud amounting to more than R5 million. In a statement, SARS said that they arrested the chartered accountant from her place of work in Centurion.
A spokesperson went on to say that the fraud went on for a peri... ››› more
- [02 December 2015]
- Use these 10 tips to get your VAT refunds quickly and easily from SARS
- When your input tax exceeds your output tax, you're due a VAT refund.
And if this is the case for you, avoid any complications along the way and follow these 10 useful tips to get your VAT refunds quickly, and easily, from SARS: Tip#1:
Use eFiling, as your return is captured straight away.
If you submit manual returns, SARS can take up to 14 days to capture them, and this can seriously d... ››› more
- [01 December 2015]
- Know these 4 rules of VAT refunds and avoid unnecessary penalties
- VAT refunds form an important facet of your business in that they ease your cash flow. And if you're tax-smart, you'll make use of every allowable input tax deduction you're entitled to in order to maximise your refunds and, in so doing, claim back every legal cent you can.
But the new TAX Administration Act has changed the VAT refund process though, with SARS willing to hit you very hard if yo... ››› more
- [26 November 2015]
- 3 steps to comply with the new VAT refund procedure for inland border posts
- SARS appointed a VAT Refund Administrator (Pty) ltd, also known as the VRA, on a tender basis to administer the VAT refund mechanism at the border posts.
And a new VAT refund procedure for inland border posts is now in place.
So, under the VRA, here are 3 new procedures you must comply with when movable goods are moved through inland border posts... Step#1: Declare your goods at the RSA Cust... ››› more
- [13 November 2015]
- Make sure SARS hasn't lost your Vat payments! Here are six ways to check
- You know what it's like. You apply for tax clearance and suddenly SARS says you haven't paid your Vat for October 1992!
How do you fix it fast so you can get your tax clearance certificate?
Let's have a look at the six main functions introduced and how it will help you to get a grip on your Vat payments.
To access the new functionality you must be a registered e-Filer. Not registered for... ››› more
- [28 April 2015]