- Do you have hazardous chemicals in your workplace? Then implement these 4 control measures immediately
- So you've conducted a risk assessment of your workplace, and you've noticed you have a hazardous chemical substance risk! What now?
The answer is very simple: You have to deal with it immediately! Failing to do so could lead to your employees falling seriously ill!
So when you identify a chemical substance risk in your workplace, carry out these four control measures as soon as possible...... ››› more
- [03 May 2016]
- 2 steps you need to follow when dealing with potentially hazardous chemical substances in the workplace
- If your company works with potentially hazardous chemical substances, then you have to be extremely careful! Because one little error can lead to:
· your employees falling gravely ill or becoming badly injured; or
· your equipment becoming written off.
So in order to help you deal with potentially hazardous chemical substances in the workplace, here are 2 vital steps you ... ››› more
- [28 April 2016]
- 'We outsource our health and safety, so I don't have to worry about it.' - WRONG!
- As you may know, I'm coordinating a seminar on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment. So when I was telling Marc a business owner, about this event, he said he doesn't worry about conducting risk assessments in his company. The reason - he says 'We outsource our health and safety, so I don't have to worry about it.'
Unfortunately, he couldn't be more wrong!
The OHS Act says the employer ... ››› more
- [26 April 2016]
- 2 Unsuspecting hazards in the office that pose a real risk to your employees
- Conducting risk assessments in the workplace are vitally important for a host of reasons.
Not only will they help you maintain peak productivity because of a safe work environment, and keep insurance costs low, but they will ultimately keep you in business!
It's a legal and, more importantly, moral obligation which you simply must carry out.
And offices are no expectation to this obligati... ››› more
- [31 March 2016]
- There are 4 risk assessment types. Choose the correct one here
- By conducting risk assessments in the workplace, you'll reduce incidents, overall costs to your company and increase productivity.
It's also a moral obligation that's supported by law.
In other words, there really is no avoiding them. So pay attention...
There are 4 types of risk assessments which must be conducted depending on the context. So make sure that the one you use suits the circ... ››› more
- [21 March 2016]
- 10 Steps to the perfect health and safety audit
- Did you know, you should never audit your own system for an extended period of time as you may become complacent and overlook risks? The success of your audit depends on how well you know it, and have prepared for it. Here's 10 steps you need to take to guarantee the perfect health and safety risk management audit... You know the saying, 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'? In health and... ››› more
- [17 February 2016]
- Four quick tips to get your employees back into 'work safely' mode after their holiday
- Are your employees back from their holidays?
I bet they are not quite back in 'work mode' though... Day-dreaming, reminiscing about their time away with the family. And probably longing to go back on holiday.
Their minds are definitely not on work. Yet alone working SAFELY...
If your employees are distracted, they may cause accidents in your workplace costing you valuable time and money!
... ››› more
- [18 January 2016]
- Look into these five ergonomic hazards when it comes to pregnant employees
- Ergonomics has to do with work systems that ensure the overall comfort, health and safety for employees - and pregnant employees are certainly no exception.
As an employer, it is your legal obligation to ensure that the health of your pregnant and breastfeeding employees is maintained.
Within this obligation, you should look into any areas which may pose a risk to a pregnant employee. This c... ››› more
- [23 December 2015]
- Health and Safety affects overall production! So ALWAYS follow this simple tip.
- According to Mining Weekly, 'Gold mining company AngloGold Ashanti beat cost and overall production guidance in the three months to September 30, but fatalities and safety stoppages lowered South African output.'
According to AngloGold CEO, Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan, the multi-national company had a very bad quarter, in terms of safety, in South Africa - many of which were caused by ground fal... ››› more
- [17 November 2015]
- Murray and Roberts may be held criminally liable for Jo'burg bridge collapse! Prevent this from happening to you with these 7 steps
- According to The Citizen, construction company Murray and Roberts, and three other companies, could be facing criminal charges next year due to possible negligence around the recent bridge collapse in Johannesburg which killed two and injured several others.
Not only has Murray and Roberts's shares taken a heavy knock, but even more repercussions will follow if it's found to have been negligent... ››› more
- [03 November 2015]