- 1 underestimated motivational factor employers should know to promote peak performance
- As an employer, you want to get peak performance out of your employees. This a no-brainer!
And one the most important ways to ensure this is to create a motivational working environment.
But after doing some reading today, it would appear that there are some seriously underestimated motivational factors which could significantly increase employee performance. And one of them has
to do with... ››› more
- [11 April 2016]
- 2 disadvantages to paying bonuses and what you can do to prevent them
- I'm sure you know bonuses can help motivate your employees to work longer and harder for you, and in return they can eagerly await their earned reward.
But bonuses can also have some seriously negative effects on your business! I
That's right! If you're not careful, the potential benefits can easily fall apart because of possible consequences of giving bonuses in the workplace.
This is s... ››› more
- [11 April 2016]
- 5 elements you must have when coaching employees
- Coaching your employees refers to you getting them to do things differently and, ultimately, more effectively in the workplace.
It's about clearing any obstacles which could affect an employee's performance and nurturing their potential so as to enhance their overall performance.
Having said that, here are 5 elements, as identified on inc.com, which you must include as part of your coaching.... ››› more
- [15 March 2016]
- 3 obstacles your employees should overcome to perform better
- As a manager, you need to make sure that your employees are performing at their best.
And in order to do this just, you should make use of workplace coaching.
The purpose of workplace coaching is to remove employees' obstacles so as to allow them to perform at their best and to encourage their potential.
But in order to remove an obstacle, you first need to identify it...
So here are 3... ››› more
- [15 March 2016]
- 2 leadership qualities you simply MUST have
- Being able to establish a clear company vision among your employees, which in turn creates effective and efficient work, is a testament of true leadership.
In other words, to effectively run and maintain a business, irrespective of its size, takes good leadership.
In doing just that, here are 2 vital leadership qualities you should perfect...
33 Tools to be an eff... ››› more
- [08 March 2016]
- 6 Steps to make sure you get rid of a poor performer legally...
- There's no denying it. It's a huge temptation to just dismiss an employee who isn't performing in his job. But be careful... You can't just act like a bull in a china shop and fire everyone who isn't up to scratch!
Dismissing an underperforming employee isn't a straightforward process. And without a proper performance management process in place, you could leave yourself wide open to an unfai... ››› more
- [11 February 2016]
- Underperforming workers - a problem you can solve...
- I bet this keeps you up at night... Wondering how to solve a problem like an underperforming worker? You know you can't just show him the door...
And for some employers, it's becoming a bit of a tightrope walk... Forever holding their breath for fear of an employee crying 'bullying' and 'unfair dismissal' at the first hint of trouble. And then, to add insult to injury, the employee heads off to... ››› more
- [08 February 2016]
- Are you using the wrong process to deal with a poor performer?
- It's hard to believe that the first month of 2016 has already come and gone! Business is back in full swing and I'm already inundated with calls from stressed-out managers, begging for guidance on how to manage a poor performer.
You'll be surprised how many managers use the wrong process!
The good news for you is there's an easy, legal way to manage your non-performing employees.
Read ... ››› more
- [05 February 2016]
- How do I get rid of an employee who can't do her job?
- This is a question we received recently from Kerusha on the LabourandHRClub.co.za. And since posting it, several other employers have been asking our experts what to do with their poor performing employees. Here's Kerusha's problem.
'I have a staff member who's 56 years old. Over the past year, she's been doing less and less of what she was hired to do. She has a very negative attitude and this... ››› more
- [28 January 2016]
- Do you want to put your new employee probation in case he doesn't work out? Be careful, it could backfire!
- So, you've just hired a new employee, and you want to put him on 3 months' probation. This way, you think it'll be easier to let him go when it turns out he isn't all he said he was in the interview. Be careful though, employees on probation have the same rights as permanent employees and you can't just dismiss him!
But, you can use the probation period to assess his performance ability and sui... ››› more
- [15 January 2016]
- Which performance appraisal method is best suited for your company? Find out here
- Performance appraisals (reviews) measure how well an employee is performing at work against specific measurement criteria.
They are important to your company as they can help you identify and remove any obstacles to achieving targets, and in so doing enhance overall performance in your company.
But before you implement a performance appraisal, you should first decide on which one is best sui... ››› more
- [08 January 2016]
- Don't wait until the last minute to monitor your employee's performance...
- The last quarter of the year is here...
Can you believe it? And before you blink it's for you to look at your employees' performance. And probably look at bonuses and increases too.
And the best way to do this is with a performance review... So let's see which type of review suits
***Highly recommended product***
Show that poor performer the door without landing yo... ››› more
- [11 December 2015]