- How you can create a health and safety culture in the workplace
- When it comes to any workplace, remember this rule: Safety first!
But sometimes growing a health and safety culture in the workplace can prove rather challenging.
But you can overcome this. And create a working health and safety culture...
Here's how you can overcome any obstacles in this area...
First of all, did you know that the trend of a safety culture grew into a mandatory field ... ››› more
- [27 February 2015]
- Eight SA laws demand you do a risk assessment... or face jail time
- You're mistaken if you think the OHS Act is the only piece of legislation you must comply with when it comes to risk assessments.
There are seven other pieces of legislation that also require you to do a risk assessment in your workplace.
If you don't comply, the DoL could prosecute you and you could end up in jail.
Don't be caught not doing a risk assessment! Keep reading to discover wh... ››› more
- [26 February 2015]
- Five tips to help you identify hazards during your risk assessment so you can comply with health and safety laws
- When doing a risk assessment, you must identify hazards. Assess the risks that come with each of them. And implement suitable risk control measures to reduce or prevent them.
It's crucial that you identify hazards effectively. If you leave anything out, your employees will still be in danger. And you know what that means: A rise in incident rates, DoL penalties, or even prosecution for not comp... ››› more
- [25 February 2015]
- To have a risk management plan is to be smart about your company
- Do you have a clear definition of risk assessment? Moreover, does your company value the real implication of a risk management plan?
Every aspect in the field of risk assessment demands high attention levels and maintenance. Thus, HIRA never stops improving. It is an ongoing process which involves both the company and its employees.
Not treating¬†a risk assessment plan as carefully as needed¬... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
- Protect your employee's health with these six administrative health and safety risk controls
- After you identify risks in your workplace in a risk assessment, you must implement risk controls.
One of the controls you can use is administrative controls.
But do you really know what 'administrative controls' entail?
Read on to find out the six administrative health and safety risk controls you should implement to reduce risks in your workplace and protect your employees.
Six ad... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
- Reducing incidents in the workplace isn't the only benefit of doing a risk assessment. Here are four others...
- You already know that doing a risk assessment helps you reduce incidents at work. By identifying the hazards and assessing risks in your company, you're able to deal with them effectively.
What you may not know is there's more to risk assessments than this. And it's important for you to know the other benefits so you get the most from yours, and improve your risk management efforts.
Keep re... ››› more
- [23 February 2015]
- Identify health hazards before they happen! Create an Occupational Health Risk Profile with these three simple steps
- When it comes to health and safety in the workplace, prevention is better than cure.
You must always strive to identify health hazards and prevent them from happening. This way, your employees are always safe when they work and you comply with health and safety legislation.
But how do you do this?
By creating an Occupational Health Risk Profile for each task and department in your company... ››› more
- [20 February 2015]
- Sources of Hazards Involving the Human Factor. What causes them?
- In what follows, we offer you a various number of situations when hazards may arise, in order to make you keep in mind the risks and the risk management all together.
The context refers to environmental factors, workplace and human factors,¬† psychological factors as well as the work organization, in order to help you with the risk identification:
Thus being said, jazards may arise from:
-... ››› more
- [20 February 2015]
- Conduct a risk assessment for hazardous chemicals in three easy steps so they don't harm your employees and damage your property
- You must identify risks to the safety and health of your employees (OHS Act). And take steps to manage these risks.
If you work with chemicals, these rules become quite crucial.
If you don't identify the risks, the chemicals could harm your employees, damage your property and equipment and even harm the environment. And the DoL will charge you non-compliance penalties or shut your business d... ››› more
- [20 February 2015]
- Do this risk assessment to discover if your employees are safe at work so you can protect them from hazards
- You understand the importance of making sure your employees are safe when they work.
Are you looking for a way to easily find out if your employees' work environment is safe so you can remove hazards before they cause harm?
Do you even know where to start?
There's no need to fret, help is at hand.
We've got the perfect risk assessment you can conduct to check if your employees are safe... ››› more
- [19 February 2015]
- A continuous risk assessment. The emphasis on hazard awareness
- According to the Labour Guide, a continuous risk assessment ought to be conducted on a continuous basis in the work environment.
This should be taken into consideration as it is seen as a major and useful form of assessment and should take place continually, as an integral part of day to day management. In consequence, in continuous HIRA, the emphasis is on day to day hazard awareness, through... ››› more
- [18 February 2015]
- You've conducted a risk assessment and implemented health and safety risk controls. Now what?
- Many employers think their job is complete once they've finished doing a risk assessment and implemented health and safety risk control measures.
Read on to find out what else you need to do after conducting a risk assessment and implementing health and safety risk controls so you can comply and avoid prosecution and penalties from the DoL.
Here's h... ››› more
- [16 February 2015]